Stupid, stupid Droopy and the white martagon lilies

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Droopy, May 30, 2008.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm so angry with myself! I'm trying to reclaim an area to the north, and in my zealous weeding I managed to smash two or three big bulbs to smithereens - well, shells, actually. :rolleyes:

So now I sit here with somewhere between 100 and 250 shells that may become bulbs in 3-4 years' time if I get them into the ground.

Anybody got an idea on how I can do this without planting one and one? Thanks ever so much in advance.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I dig an area over to about the depth of
    around 3-4 inches Droopy then I simply scatter willy-nilly and cover over with the dug out earth. The first time I did it I was pleased when the bulbs come up as they look so natural. Maybe not the best method but it certainly works for me. :stew1:

4. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Hola Cripes!! Sounds like something I would do. But then I don't have a clue about flowers care..lol. I sure wish you luck, and trust the stewies, they will solve your problem,,,,

See Eileen has already helped.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Of course that's the way to do it. :oops: Thank you Eileen! Trust me to have a bee-hive head and be unable to think straight when accidents like that happen. I'm glad I've got you lot to help me think. I'd best go dig and scatter.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I've done that too Droopy-and it was also with white lilies! I scattered them :)