Suede paint

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Charl, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Charl

Charl New Seed

Have any of you did this? Or the granite paint at Lowe's? Im considering these and would like some advice.

2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I have used something that is called granite. Is it the paint that has a rough texture to it? If so, yes. What are you going to use it on? I have also used suede (spray) on a paper mache box.

4. Charl

Charl New Seed

I was considering the granite for the laundry area, and the suede effect for the livingroom. The granite paint is $40 a gallon at Lowes, so I dont want to get into it if Im going to hate it, it does have a rough texture, looks like real granite.

5. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I wouldn't use any kind of textured paint in the laundry room. I would use a semi-gloss so the walls can be easily cleaned. I would do the same in the bathrooms and kitchen.

6. Charl

Charl New Seed

My laundry area is already sandpainted actually, it was done 11 years ago to hide imperfections....I am so tired of it...its been painted numerous times, and I still hate it, but am working on a very low budget...you are absolutely right, it would be much easier to care for...I dunno what to do with it...HELP!!!!!!