Thanksgiving blessings!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Nov 25, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had friends for Thanksgiving dinner. They came up from Goodyear which is south of Phoenix. Nearly 100 miles. About 20 miles from us, their car quit. Their cell phone wouldn't work as they were in the mountains. They could call us, but not their tow service. They called me, I called their tow service. They were towed an additional 30 miles to the service dealer for their brand of car. They were, of course, closed and the tow truck dropped them off and left. So, who should be driving past but the owner of the dealership. He saw two old people standing there and the tow truck driving away. He stopped to help. They were waiting for Brian to come pick them up, but the owned took them inside. He found out the details and he loaned them a 2005 Jeep for five days. When they asked how much for the loan the owner told them it was Thanksgiving, go and enjoy it. He said they would take their car in first thing tomorrow and call them when they discover the problem. Dinner was a wee bit late but they were thankful for the loan of a car to get home. We were thankful they were able to get off the road when the car quit. They were coming up the mountain from 2,000 ft. to 4,500 ft. and it is very curvy and steep in places. So, we had a good Thanksgiving. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I hope you had a nice Thanksgivings dooley. That was very honest of the dealership owner to lend them the Jeep. A little honesty goes a long way, it's something the world is lacking more and more everyday.

How was your turkey?

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I had a very nice Thanksgiving. Dinner was late but the turkey was just fine. I put the oven on the keep warm cycle and it held everything that needed to be kept hot. Everyone was just thankful things turned out so well. Could have been much worse. Coming up that section of road is never my favorite thing to do. People travel much too fast on it and visibility is minimal given the curves and steepness of the road. Accidents are a common thing. They were able to get to the side of the road without being hit by someone else. The rest was a "piece of cake" in comparison. Dooley