The Bike Path To The Allotments

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Toni, do you remember a few weeks ago when you commented on a little piece that I wrote and you said that you would like to see the path that I take to the gardens?
    I promised to take some fotos, but only got to it now. Sorry. :oops:
    The first segment is a stretch through the park.
    Perhaps it is good that I didn't take the pics at the time you asked, for now many of the leaves have fallen and there is some light so that you can actually see what it's like.
    [​IMG]

After a while you come to the footpath bridge...
    [​IMG]

Another long stretch once you pass the bridge.
    [​IMG]

Here I have taken a horizontal view to show the sides of the path.
    [​IMG]

Once you get through this section, there is also another long stretch alongside the Provential Road.
    [​IMG]

Then a wide view of this segment. After this one comes out into the open again for the last bit to the entrance gate.
    [​IMG]

I have to say that since so many leaves have fallen and with the sun shining, it doesn't look so mysterious as a few weeks earlier...but as I said, you can perhaps see how it looks better.

I know that bike paths do not exist in all countries, but here there are almost as many miles/Km's of bike paths as there are of roads. Biking is a way of life here.

2. Loading...

3. debbieteale

debbieteale Seedling

What a beautiful part of the world you live in. In Australia we don't have deciduous trees, only the ones which have been imported, and they aren't very many.
    What a lovely way to go to work in the vege patch!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How I wish Britain could have cycle paths like yours in Holland. Here cyclists take their lives in their hands whilst out on their bikes. You have a lovely journey to the allotments Sjoerd. :-D

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I'm a big fan of cycle paths, they are so useful here in Malmö. That looks like an enjoyable ride Sjoerd :)

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks DEB-- There are several ways I can bike to get to the lotties, but this is the niucest.

I know what you mean about biking, EILEEN. I have bikled in Britain and it was inded a bit perilous. hahaha

Thanks FRANK-- I am happy to hear that you folks have them there as well. It is so pleasant...and it is nice that the governments make and maintain them--this way, bikers and drivers can co-exist in peace.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

What wonderful scenery Sjoerd! It reminds me of my trip to Germany as a girl...there were more bike paths than roads there. Unfortunately, such bike paths don't exist here, but there are trails in some of the regional forests.

8. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Your bike path are scenic and pretty with the fall leaves.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

NETTY--I'm happy that you liked the scenery. I suppose that there are some similarities with germany as far as bike paths are concerned.
    Are the trails in the forests there for mountain bikes only?

PETUNIA--it is nice to ride on them--very peaceful and calming.

10. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

No bike paths here either... not safe at all... drivers aren't accustomed to watching out for bicyclists either...

I'd love to be able to ride my bike to places... and have such pretty places to ride to boot.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Really nice path, that would be a very relaxing trip to and from anywhere. I could take a few dozen walks there in all the seasons, thanks Sjoerd for the photos

We have no bike paths either, there are bike trails around some parks, 'green spaces' and smaller in-city lakes.

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love your beautiful senic bike route to your lottie.It was an enjoyable ride.I felt like I was there with you and your bride.
    If I were there to tell the truth I wouldn't be able to ride along.I pumped my daughter on a bike when she was about 6 or 7 and had my first heart attack.The Dr.told me then to never get on another bike.Broke my heart but they still say Noooo.That why I ride along with you two as you make it feel so real when you write about your journeys.

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks TONI. It is a nice place to walk. In fact in one segment of the ride there is a walking path parallel with the bike path only for walkers and joggers.
    Glad you liked seeing the tunnel-like paths.
    Once again--sorry about the tardy fotos.

Thank you so much GLENDA for your nice comments.
    Well, if your heart would keep you from biking along with us, you could always sit on the back and hang on! :D hahahaha.

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It's flat! :D Oh, to have bike paths that are flat... We have bike paths here and there, and they're usually next to the roads and go up and down all the time. I can well imagine that path looking like a dark green tunnel in summer. What a pretty route to the lottie.

15. Penny

Penny Young Pine

What a beautiful area, so pretty.

I live about an hour from Netty and we have great bike trails here, we are fortunate to have them, and the best part is that they keep expanding them every summer.

16. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Glad you liked our flat bike paths, DROOPY-- I like them flat too, there are good things about living on the bottom of the sea.;)
    I am glad that it is a green tunnel in the summer because on the really hot days, it's nice to escape the sun.

PENNY--It is so nice that they keep expanding your bike trails there. Could you bike over to see Netty if you wanted to, or don't they extend that far yet?