The Latest

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Oct 21, 2008.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

As some of you know, we got involved in cat rescue, but not by choice. They came with the property, so to speak. Here are the latest two.

Radar:
    [​IMG]
    Richard found him in the yard about 5 months ago, he was probably 4 months old, he just magically appeared.

Nudger:
    Nudger rode home from a cemetary under a friends truck, the friend could not keep him, and said friend has done too much for us to say no to, lol, so we took Nudger when asked.
    [​IMG]
    The cemetary was about 30 miles away.

2. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

They are so sweet Cajunbelle. I would have kept them both too! Thanks for sharing.

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Yes, I'd have kept them too!! :-D

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Cute kitties! :D I'm glad they have a good home with you.

Advertisement
  5. GardenGuy

GardenGuy New Seed

You are so nice Sharon and they are so cute as well. They seem very happy under your "custody". :D

6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I wouldn't have been able to keep them as I'm highly allergic to cats but I would have made sure they found a good home. Well done Sharon they are beautiful cats. :-D

7. catspower

catspower Seedling

Radar looks totally at ease in his new home. I see he has already claimed his own chair. Doesn't look like Nudger is going to bother him at all. It looks like Radar is giving Nudger a little paw hug to make him feel welcome.
    My Tigger looks just like Nudger, but she has the most beautiful gold eyes.
    I have found good homes for the 2 male cats, but I am keeping the two females. All 4 of them have had all their shots and the 2 girls Tigger and Callie have been fixed. DH does not like cats, but when Tigger killed 3 snakes, he said I could keep them. LOL DH hates snakes!
    I have also found good homes for 3 of the 4 dogs someone dumped. Gave them all bathes the night I found them(the poor things were filthy and covered with fleas), then took them all to the vet the next morning. They all got rabies shots, parvo shots, worm medicine, the fleas taken care of, and Poppy(the daddy dog) got fixed. I am going to keep the mamma(Wheezie)and have her fixed, too. DH just loves her, and she loves him. She has taken over his chair in my computer room. We have only had them about 2 weeks, and Wheezie had DH wraped around her little paw. All 4 mastered the doggie door within about 10 minutes.
    Sorry my 'Quick Reply' turned into a short novel. lol

8. angmf2233

angmf2233 Seedling

real cuties

All animals need love, I think its great you can keep some! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

9. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

how cunnin' cajunbelle! they look like they're enjoying their new home!

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

They are both so cute Sharon!
    So how many cats do you have now?

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a cute couple of kitties. Those guys look really happy and content.
    Well done.

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

They are great...so nice of you to give them a good home..Sherry

13. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Let's see Netty, there's Bubba, Bobbert, Tiny, Kittle, Rosebud, Spitfire, Moochie, Panther Boy, John, Miss Kitty, Baby Grey, Spot, Muffin, Killer, Tinker, Nudger, Specs, Big Boy and Riley, the neighbor's cat who we had fixed and lives here now, Radar, he lives between my Mom's house and ours. So that is 20. Radar goes for his surgery in a couple of weeks and Nudger will have his after the first of the year. They are all altered except for Panther Boy, he is still feral and would never get in the trap.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

14. catspower

catspower Seedling

We had decided to keep mama dog(Whezzer), and she had a surprise for us. Sometime before they were dumped or before we found her, Poppy(the daddy dog)did it again, or should I say, did her again. Thats right, we are going to have puppies. yippie, pippie, friggen, yippie.She is getting hudge! I am taking her to the vet today to see if he came tell me when I should start passing out cigars.
    As soon as these pups are old enough to eat on there own, she is getting fixed. I had Poppy fixed and our 2 female cats. I was waiting till Whezzie's skin problem cleared up before I had her fixed. Will post pics of all the little fuzzy critters after the event.