Too big!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Dec 6, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I think I didn't resize the pictures small enough. They were 800 x 600 when I put them on photobucket. I guess I need to have my son look at what I did and help me fix it. He was already here today to help me find some pictures I thought were lost. We found them but he had so figure out how to get them back where they belong. I don't know how I lost them. He showed me how to use PhotoImpressions to make the pictures smaller but didn't wait for me to do it. I think younger people have an easier job learning the computer. At the library I see elementary school kids using it. My grandson is only seven and he has been using a computer for five years. My grandson that is only 3 wants a computer for Christmas because the seven year old grandson doesn't want to share his computer. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:) Don't worry it takes time to learn this new stuff for us older folks. Remember the story about the old bull and the young bull.
    :D :D Give the young'ens a abacus or slide rule and see what kinds of looks you get!!!!

:D Al

4. dooley

Kids are starting out fresh. They grow up with all this new knowledge that we didn't have. When I was the age of my grandsons we didn't even have a television. Their minds aren't cluttered up with 60 plus years of living. You are right about the slide rules. There was one at the flea market and some boys were looking at it. They didn't know what it was or how to use it and were amazed when the man picked it up and demonstrated. But, they didn't know why anyone needed one with calculators and such. They didn't even seem to know that there wasn't always calculators and such. Dooley

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:D :D Well don't dispair we old folks are really needed even if at times it doesn't seem like it.
    :) One day those young'ns will grow old and will wake up one morning and say boy old dooley and alleyyooper were smart old geezers.
    I've did that with people who I though were just old folks talking when I was young and dumb.
    :D Al

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Well I think you are clever people already and I have to reach 30 yet :D I know I will be your age one day but I can't see myself getting any older in spirit. I guess that's how everybody here feels as well?

7. dooley

I don't seem to think I am any older than ever but then I try to do something that I've always done and it takes me longer to get it done and I'm more tired at the end of the day. Let someone say "Let's go and do something" and I'm up and ready to go. I still volunteer with kids and that seems to help keep you young. I think keeping active helps. If you sit down and vegatate then you lose. Dooley