Too good to be true!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I knew this nice warm weather that we had been having up until this past weekend was too good to be true! Never got above 40 deg F. today. Several reports of snow flakes mixed in with the drizzles we had today too! Wayyyyyyyy to early for snow! Of course Jan is way too early for snow as far as I am concerned!

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Everything seems to come earlier nowadays, even Xmas. That's climate change for you, Mother Nature is evolving slowly.

It's soon time to be sittng in beside the fire I think :twisted:

4. Capt Kirk

I broke down and had a fire going in the wood burner this evening. Couldn't get the room above 68 deg. F tonight. Sure felt good and got the dampness out too!

5. Frank

Hehe well we all have our weaknesses Capt! I'd put heat before pride :)

Advertisement
  6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had about two inches of rain on Sunday afternoon accompanied by thunder, lightening and hail. That was a surprise because it wasn't in the forecast. Today's forecast is for thundershowers and it's clear and sunny. Of course, it's early yet. It was sixty degrees in the kitchen this morning. So, I turned on the oven and made blueberry muffins. Dooley

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Blueberry muffins Dooley? :smt026 Wish we lived nearer one another 'cause I could taste them for you. :D :D

8. Frank

I agree, I want a blueberry muffin!

Strange things weather forecasts, eh dooley :) By the way did you manage to get your computer fixed yet?

9. Capt Kirk

Well the sun is ou here today, so maybe I can get the grass mowed, hopefully for the last time this season. Gonna mulch some leaves and blow them onto the neighbors property. It's a farm field so he dosn't mind! :D

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I would be happy to share my blueberry muffins. I share most of my baked goods with my neighbors because I'm only allowed so much. They are on vacation for three weeks so I have extra. My computer is not fixed. We decided not to put more money into it and have plans to get a new one for Christmas. So, I'm using the library computer again. It did not rain yesterday. Today is sunny and cool. Only 60 degrees at 10 AM. Fall is definitely here! My middle son's birthday is today. He's 41. It makes me think about all the things we've done in the 41 years. Mind boggling it is. Dooley