Useless lessons for free

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Droopy, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I've done lots of rather silly things in my life. Most of them I laugh at now, but I did not at the time. Anyway, I won't be doing any of the below mentioned things again, so anybody in need of tips are welcome to them:

- Never wear a national costume in a place with lots of tourists. Your cheeks will hurt from smiling after half an hour.

- Never appear in wedding dress where French or Spanish coaches are parked. 200 well-wish-kisses are at least 150 too many.

- Never park an auto camper with a sun shade near a tourist attraction when it rains. Suddenly two coachfuls of Koreans use it for cover while photographing the scenery, and you're stuck there for the duration.

- If you come off your horse whilst gallopping in the snow, do not stay down to make snow angels. It scares the heck out of your riding companions.

- Never yell "YI-HAA" wilst gallopping around bends. Kindergarten children are very easily scared.

- Never stand on tip-toe on top of the back of a rickety chair trying to get hold of band-aid from the top of the first-aid cupboard. You'll suddenly need a lot more than you thought.

- Never shout sweet nonsensical words without checking if anybody else but the horses are there.

- Never play "catch" with tame deer near a public road. Some drivers might end up in the ditch.

Anybody else's experiences are warmly welcomed.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Pinkiered
      Replies:
      Views:

3. redrose

redrose Seedling

Very amusing, and all very good tips. :D
    Here are a few life lessons I've learned thus far:

- Never take a bite of bubblegum flavored chapstick thinking perhaps it's real bubblegum.

- Never attempt to teach yourself to work a manual car with a fence five feet in front of it.

- Never shove your foot in an ice-fishing hole to "see" if it has frozen over.

- Never allow baking soda and vinegar to have direct contact in a recipe that calls for both, it will result in much time spent in the restroom.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Love your Nevers Droopy and Redrose. :D :D :D

Here are just a few of mine:

- Never lean over the 10 foot pond in your garden to get that 'really great shot' of a dragonfly - the water is freezing believe me and tastes foul!!

- Never apologise to a lamp post when you bump into it - other people think you're crazy.

- Never shut the front door behind you when you're taking out rubbish to the bin.

- Never take out rubbish without having your door key or a mobile 'phone with you.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:smt005 Redrose and Eileen, thank you very much for your Nevers. I'll try not to!