Using natural shadows to enhance garden composition

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Pacnorwest, Jul 16, 2024.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

When taking pics of gardens look for natural shadows in the garden to use as a focal point or to create the illusion of textures and color.

IMG_1763.jpeg IMG_1767.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

IMG_1764.jpeg IMG_1304.jpeg

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. KK Ng
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. 2ofus
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac—What a great series of illustrative foto’s. Your gardens are gaspingly gorgeous…you know that, don’t you.
    Just looking back over them a few times, I really am astounded that private gardens can look so absolutely beautiful in so many ways. You are too right that the darkness of shadows really can/does play a significant role in presenting each pic. Chapeau.

Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Sjoerd Thanx . You are very kind indeed to take the time for a peek and comment. And the very same can be said about your beautiful well maintained and elaborately designed garden. It’s detailed in every way that keeps everyone’s interest. More harvest coming up soon from your veggie garden .

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh meid, I think you are wrong there. Your garden areas are so much more formal anf beautiful than my little collection of plots…but thank you enormously anyway. Who doesn’t like a compliment now and then.

Pacnorwest likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Sjoerd you work so hard and plan down to the last detail. Growing from seed is an art within itself. I appreciate all the time and passion that goes into prep and timing along with that huge green thumb along with your bride who is always attentive to all the details too.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks so much, Pac.
    It is what I like about this site— the gardeners on here, get it…they get gardening.

Pacnorwest likes this.