Very thick shrub/bush with white flowers in Oregon

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by bfrakes81, Jul 7, 2011.

1. bfrakes81

bfrakes81 New Seed

I have a row of bushes/shrubs in my front yard that form a sort of barrier/fence line. Unfortunately it does not extend all the way across the front of my yard. I want to rectify this but have been unable to locate this plants identity. It is a very thick, bushy plant with veined leaves and has small white flowers that bloom during the spring.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from bfrakes81's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from bfrakes81's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The leaves make me think Hydrangea, but there are so many different varieties and different shaped leaves.
    Sorry I can't be more help but maybe searching for Hydrangea will come up with photos of yours.

4. gardenelf

gardenelf In Flower

Hi Bfrakes81, do you by any chance have a photo showing this shrub in bloom? Seeing the flowers on it might help towards identification, I think. :stew1:

5. bfrakes81

bfrakes81 New Seed

possible viburnum?

I don't happen to have a photo of it in bloom. I saw a couple photos of some viburnum species that closely resemble my shrub. Perhaps Viburnum X juddii? I think they also called viburnum fragrant. The white flowers I saw in my Google search looked very similar to the ones my shrub produces while in bloom.