We have a new family member, her name is Artemis :)

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mrs. Galeassi, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

Our daughter will be 12 this summer and shes proven to be a very mature and responsibile young lady. So we got her a hamster, she been wanting one for quite some time. The lil thing is so super quick I can't get a decent picture. She or maybe he is very young I'm pretty sure by the looks of things she's a girl. She's a whiteish grey color with a strip of dark gray down her back. And she is very lovable. The people must have held them a lot. I said we should name her Dinner but the fam didn't like my joke! The people said to spread the word. They had a lot of babies from different litters in one cage. Nice people and the cage was clean the animals all apeared healthy. They just need to seperate the sexs seriously! Haha but hey I ran a craigslist add for anyone who had baby hamsters that needed to home. So here she is......

[​IMG]
    Artemis ( photo / image / picture from Mrs. Galeassi's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Cute! I had hammys all the time growing up. All but 3 were named Eric (those were Cherry, Teddy and Indy). One of them I taught to flip around on a bar like a gymnastics hammy haha

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh, that's a pied Russian Hamster. Very cute, and very nice pet. You can litter box train them if you watch carefully. I had 12 all in a very large cage that used this little box in one corner of a 3 tiered cage. Everyone marveled at that.

I also had a pet mouse when I was a teenager that would not go off a throw rug. It was nice to give him that freedom without being on top of him every minute.

All those animals are very smart and us humans don't give them any credit for it.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our children used to have hamsters when they were little too. They make good pets and teach the children how to look after, and be responsible, for another life.
    Little Artemis is going to give your daughter so much fun.

6. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

oh so so cute