Welcome Home Chip!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by carolyn, Jul 23, 2012.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Our little cat has been missing for a month and we thought we would never see her again. I really thought she was............dead. We have a dog that the neighbor doesn't keep tied and coyote's roaming the countryside and she stays out in the woods during the day doing her cat thing and is supposed to come in at nighttime, but one night she disappeared and we were so sad.
    Yesterday in the paper was an ad in the lost and found section and it was quite close to us (3/4 mile) with a description very similar to her and lo and behold it was her.
    Here she is sleeping soundly behind a chair in the family room....catching up on her rest. poor thing.
    We are so thankful to them for worrying over this cat roaming their yards. Now I need to think of something really nice to do for them. Any ideas?

[​IMG]
    sleeping soundly ( photo / image / picture from carolyn keiper's Garden )

her little paw is over her eyes, I guess resting her eyes from the sunlight.

Frank, stratsmom, Jewell and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Tooty2shoes
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so glad you got Chip back. I would have feared the worst too after her being missing for so long. I wonder if something frightened her to make her disappear and get herself lost. She must be really pleased to be home again. I'm sure the people that placed the advert are just glad that you two have been reunited but maybe a simple, little 'Thank You' card with a gift voucher inside would show them how much you appreciate them keeping an eye on Chip for you.

4. featherphobia

featherphobia Seedling

I know the feeling when your pet disappears. It is heart wrenching. But so joyful when they return. Do you think you have a cat napper in your area?

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Gosh, after having Chip living with them for a bit, what better gift could they have?
    I agree with Eileen--a gift card, or some of your lovely fresh produce, or just falling on their neck and crying your eyes out would be appropriate.
    I am so glad Chip is home. I know how distraught we'd be if Feliz disappeared.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Eileen and Featherphobia, I think that the neighbors dog chased her and she got lost...I have another 2 neighbors who are missing a cat each and another one had to have her cat put to sleep after it was mauled almost to death :eek: :-x :scheming:, so I am not thinking very nice thoughts about this dog at the moment. I also think it snatched a few of my chickens last year when they were allowed to roam the back yard, this year they are not allowed out of their pen...

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A donation to a local animal shelter in their name? Perhaps mixed in with something more personal.

Jerry

Frank, stratsmom and carolyn like this.
  8. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I am so glad she is home!! She doesn't look too rough for being gone that long! :p What nice people they must have been! I love Jerry's suggestion :p

She looks so soft I want to pick her up and cuddle her :-o

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's great news Carolyn!

10. oubee

oubee In Flower

Cats are always cute, whether asleep in their unique catty fashion or awake, in their mischievous selves. I' happy Chip is back!I wish my cat comes back soon too. A male, he is always out guarding his territories but he missed dinner and breakfast this morning and he had this limp since some days. Am hoping he turns up soon; am missing that fuzzy feeling around my legs, begging for attention. :(

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thanks ALL!
    We love our little Chip as soon as I can get a good picture of her with her eyes open ( I finally got a new camera) you will see why the description in the ad was an accurate one...gorgeous blue eyes....I can't get a decent picture of our Shadow since he is all black...no contrast to be had and he WILL NOT go outside, so sunlight isn't an option with him.
    Jerry that was a great suggestion. Thanks
    Oubee, I hope your kitty comes in soon. We bang a spoon on a plate to bring out kitties in for dinner. It works wonders instead of calling for them.

12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Carolyn,
    great news to see Chip home safely,..i am sure you had almost given up hope,..i say almost because with pets you never really fully lose hope.

It was very considerate of those people to place an advertisement in the paper,..they do deserve more than words,..a selection of your home grown produce perhaps,..or the gift card suggestion is good.

=====================================================

Oubee,..i hope your cat returns safe to you,..soon.

13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Carolyn I am also so happy that you found her. I am sure that you are very joyful in having her back home. :stew1: