Wet,wet,wet!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We have been getting rain every day for 2 weeks. Last night was the worst with 2 2/10 inches all in about 3 hrs.

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

For a change we've had hardly any rain in the last week or so. It's been very hot here which we Scots don't cope with very well.

3. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

You are right Eileen! It has been very hot here in Scotland! Would be lovely if it stayed like this for a few more days

4. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

We could use some rain right now, its sooo humid (74%)! ugh. It rained a ton a few weeks ago, and nary a drop since then.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Send any extra rain you have down here. We are in day 23 since the last rain and that was only 3/4th of an inch...just enough to wet the mulch but not enough to reach the soil under it. :rolleyes:

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    You must be getting our summer rain since we haven't had any. ;)

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

It's been SO wet here too, and we currently have a severe thunderstorm watch in effect.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Yes CK we have had that kind of rain. to be dry for next 6 days. Now gnats and skeeters

9. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We had the cold front come through about 3 pm. We didn't have it bad. 20 to 30 mph winds and 15 minutes of rain. But east of us had 70 mph wind and 30 minutes of rain or more. Quite a bit of wind damage. Northern Indiana got hit really hard.

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

We finally did get rain. The temp dropped 10 degrees! Went from sweating to a jacket back to sweating around 3 when the sun came out, but now its cloudy again o_O
    Welcome to the Midwest folks, where if you dont like the weather, wait a bit, it'll change!

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

It was really bad here. We had 1 1/8" of rain in 1/2 hour.. :( we were already saturated and now we are flooded. I was really praying it towards Az or Tx...but that hasn't happened. sorry guys. I was trying.

http://www.newsnet5.com/gallery/weather ... heast-ohio

We had the river Keiper going on again, the driveway completely covered in flowing water..... water running across roads everywhere, a tree limb fell on the electric wires as I was coming home in the storm yesterday and kept flashing blue and white. I was thinking there was a patrol car with its lights on until I got to it...it was on fire and arcing back and forth. The hand made sign this morning in the same spot read: SWAMP TOURS- 50 cents on one side of the pole the other side read: SLOW...NO WAKE ZONE. The neighbor had their propane tank, I would imagine 700 gallons, float through their yard. corn fields flattened in spots, A 25' deep culvert that was replaced by Kevin 5 years ago was buckled and ALL the surrounding materials washed down stream. Many roads are closed. Where Donna S's daughter lived before she moved was close to an area where there was major flooding again....One family was moving in yesterday and were flooded out of their home in Rustic Hills... It is a mess here.

12. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We have had the wettest June in many a year, and July is off to a similar start.

13. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I don't miss having to water the gardens but I sure miss the sunshine. Can't go out the door without bug spray.