What’s The Buzz?

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Aug 28, 2024.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We had a long and hot day in the garden, finally about 19:30 or so we headed for home. However we needed some things from the shop, so I turned into the parking lot of “our supermarket”. It is on the way home from the lottie, so it was convenient.

Armed with bags, a shopping list and empty tums we headed in. I enjoy shopping— always looking for cheap prices and deals. Also, the ways of shopping and paying is now so different from “back in the day”. It is amazing… almost fun figuring it all out.

The shopping took a while but finally we left, with our deals in tow. We saved 30%, so we were well chuffed.

We got to the car, popped the booty in the back. When I was about to crawl behind the wheel I heard a certain “buzz”… a sort of distant transformer sound. Do you know the sound I mean?

What the heck!?!

I jumped out and went to the back. My Bride had not heard it yet. Suddenly she heard it. We looked at each other, then back into the auto. The Bride looked around then placed her hand onto the bottom of the trunk and announced that it vibrated,

What was under the floor of the boot that could be making that buzzing sound? Nothing.

Holy Cow! What can it be? The tension builds. Should I drive home or should I wait, or should I crawl under the auto and look around… or should I call the road services? I was at a loss.

The Bride began moving the grocery bags around, picked up the tote bag that Dooley had given us, announcing that even that vibrated. Nothing was in it though.

We decided to go home, as the sound was less now.

Once home we began loading the bags out and all of a sudden I announced that I knew what it was. We moved all the bags, and there it was: the tondeuse, hair clipper.

The hair clipper had been in the bag for a week. My Bride was going to cut my hair in the lottie, but we just had not gotten around to it. Busy, busy, busy.

Well, that buzzing sound really had me worried. After taking the groceries upstairs, I was going to give the road service a buzz.

Once the problem was solved, we had a good laugh, breathed a sigh of relief and speculated how it had fallen out of its bag. Not only that, but how did that switch get turned on? I guess the grocery bag must have done it.

Today I got that haircut.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2024
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. carolyn
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Helarious story :smt026 you had my attention at every word. I never would have guessed a hair clipper…:sete_056:

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

What a great story!

One of these days, you should compile your stories and publish them as a book. I would buy a copy!

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac— yeah…a hair clipper. I did not think about that at all either. The sound I did not relate to that at first because; I guess, that there were things on top of the clipper, sort of muffling it and making one think that it was further away than it was. It was so disconcerting. The level of concern that I had was replaced by an equal level of relief and mirth once the source was revealed. Pffffffft !
    You know, what I could not stop thinking about were the autos that spontaneously burst into flames … flames that cannot be extinguished. Those were electrical autos and I still have one of the internal combustion engine autos. Still, I was unreasonably concerned. All of what I am telling you now made the situation even funnier in hindsight, post-perspiration that is.

Daniel—Thanks so much. Well should I ever publish a book, you will be the first to know. In fact, I’ll send you a copy. I am afraid I would only have an audience of one…or possibly two though. Haha.

Pacnorwest and Daniel W like this.

Advertisement
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd in many cases when I find any unknown sound is generally the not knowing that’s unsettling and creates the fear and uncertainty.

I remember a few years ago I heard a buzzing sound coming from a wall every time I walked past. It was scary at first not knowing the cause. I put a glass up to the wall which gave me a clear and precise sound ID. It was a wild hive of bees that actually found a way inside the wall from the outside. I called a bee keeper and he found the entry area and gently vacuumed up all the bees. He put the queen in a special tiny container made especially for the royal gal which he explained would help collect the worker bees to stay in their new home . He then removed all the honeycombs for safe keeping. I thought that was the end of it until the winter rains. I guess you could say that the bee keeper sorta put the roof back together after removing the hive. But there were leaks after that and I called a roofer to repair the damage. I had to replace the inside ceiling in two separate areas in the house due to damage from the rain.

So next time you hear a buzzing sound beware. The buzz could be anything good or bad until the wacky unsettling sound is identified . It relieves our fears as the negative energy succumbs to knowing the buzz wasn’t as bad as we imagined. :)

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac—What a story!

But you are right, it is the not knowing that winds a person up.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Sj... Great story!
    I was guessing it was a bumble bee..
    Hear that Pac? Your's was a great story too.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Cayuga Morning as far as garden stories or related stories I bet everyone has a couple good ones to tell.

Good to see you , I’ve missed your garden pics. So what’s happening in your neck of the woods? Hows your garden doin?
    Do you have those jumping worms in your area?I haven’t seen any here even though it’s been reported in Oregon.

Sending good vibes your way.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2024
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cheers Cayu. Nice to seeya.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  11. Cayuga Morning

Thanks all!
    Pac... This year the jumping worms haven't been bad. A few here and there, but not much at all. It is perplexing. This isn't just in my garden, it's all over the NE. I belong to a jumping worm Facebook page & everyone is reporting the same thing. Contrast that with our first year of infestation, we came home from a summer vacation to find 3....I kid you not...3 clumps of dead jumping worms the size of footballs at the bottom of our pool. The action of the filter seemed to have made them clump together. 3 footballs. It was the grossest thing I've seen (& smelled) in a long time. (I hope no one is eating as you read this posting).

Anyway thanks for the greeting!

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Cayuga Morning Eww football sized worm footballs in the pool . Yikes I bet that was disgusting. One thing about having a pool running in summer it’s a critter, insect catcher .

it’s been reported the PNW has jumping worms , but I haven’t seen here. We have the neighborhood app that has a garden section and so far nada has been seen here.

13. Cayuga Morning

Once you know what they look like & what their frass looks like, you can't unsee them.

I hope you don't get them. But.... Maybe they aren't my as bad as what's been prophesied. Maybe mother nature will re-balance.