What do you do when you take a day off

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Dec 9, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Yesterday, though I had things to do I took a day off. Brian & I went shopping. Not ordinary shopping. We visited all the thrift shops in the area. We look for things that appeal to us. Obviously they don't appeal to everyone or they would not have been donated to thrift shops. We bought two bread pans yesterday. I have not figured out what kind of bread is to be made in the pans. They are rounded and have slice lines. Some sweet bread or coffecake maybe. We bought some cookbooks, one of which I intend to give my son for Christmas. I found a small Copenhagen blue plate.Brian found a brass trivet with Jack-in-the-Pulpits. Very Art Deco, but maybe not that old. Anyway poking around in thrifts shops provides for a different sort of day. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Since I am retired for medical reasons, a day off is every day! :D Since the weather is cold and snowy and less than ideal, I listen to XFM radio through the Direct Tv dish and read. I do a lot of reading in the winter time. Right now I am reading Tom Clancy's Executive Orders for about the 4th time!

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Since I volunteer in a library and my son is a librarian I like to hear about people reading. Brian reads all the time. I read a lot myself, a little of everything. Brian is reading everything by Cormac McCarthy right now. He's Irish of course. Dooley

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

Since it is cold, Not winter yet though and the bees are not causeing work, I have every day off too.
    Since it is hunting season yet I go sit in my blind every morning and afternoon and watch the wild life and read.
    I also am reading a Clancy book Op Center and when it is finished I will read a couple of John Sanford books I have. Then there are two Michael Moore books I have to read.

Soon it will be really winter so it will warm up and the snow will melt then I will scorch some more hive bodies and sand them for staining when the temps are back in the 60's

:D Al