What I did last summer & yes the fence panels are painted

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by toni, Nov 30, 2009.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What I did last summer & yes the fence panels are painte

We started putting up the fence panels in mid-June and the front yard started disappearing at the same time.
    Look beyond the fence to see what the front yard looked like before I got my grubby hands on it
    :D

[​IMG]
    In the very beginning, there was lots of grass ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Most of the panels have been painted, still a couple waiting for the plants next to them to go dormant tho. This is the newest feature. Got the screen door from a friend, it doesn't open but next summer will have a frame around the upper half and a vine growing over it. I have black Hollyhocks planted on either side of the fountain which has a solar panel controlling the pump. I'm thinking I will leave the door unpainted, just use some Tung Oil on it to water proof it.

[​IMG]
    Newest feature ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Everything has begun shutting down for the winter but next spring it will look better, this is the inside of that original corner.
    [​IMG]
    Inside that original corner ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The raised Rose bed, I have a Blue Girl Rose on order for next spring.
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The other two panels along the front with two Lantanas between them, still a work in progress.
    Pretend you don't see all the grass in the fore ground, that is slowly becoming a bed with a path around it.
    [​IMG]

This is in front of our daughters bedroom window, the shutter I got on a 'junqueing' trip last summer. A lot of those pots will go into the bloomhouse before the first frost comes. This is also where the Parakeet flower and the Siam Ginger will be again in spring.
    [​IMG]

Front of the herb garden enclosure
    [​IMG]

Herb garden enclosure, the gate is on the left panel, next year it will look better.....I hope
    :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Other side of the newest feature with the screen door. That Cosmos is almost 6 feet tall and still has new buds opening. The pot in front of the door is planted with Freesias the ones on each side are planted with Iris. Pictures to come in the spring when they bloom of course.
    [​IMG]

A couple of years ago CritterPainter posted a photo of the view from her studio that included a picket fence panel (I can't find that topic tho) Anyway that was part of the inspiration for what I see out our living room window now.
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Holy smokes Toni, you were a busy, busy girl this summer! I like what you have done and look forward to more photos as the gardens mature. I love the color you painted the fence too :)

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

*faints* You've been busy, and what lovely results. I feel winded just reading and looking. Are you certain the mail person won't try to open that screen door to make a short-cut?

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh Toni I didn't realise you'd achieved so much!! It all looks sooooo good now and will look even better next spring and summer. :D

Advertisement
  6. toni

Thanks you all, glad you like the looks of it. I have a problem seeing the pretty, all I see are the unfinished bits and problems when I look at it, but I guess that's what gardeners do.

The majority of the mail carriers have learned but there was one a couple of weeks ago who cut right across the front yard like garden wasn't there. Almost time to put up the chain and message I had last spring, before everything in the north garden goes dormant and they think that's a signal to take the shortcut again.

[​IMG]
    Just don't do it ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Great job, toni. Trespassers should take the hint and I envision a beautiful garden next spring.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Truly impressive work that you have done there Toni. I quite like the colour of your fence panels.
    The shortcut habits of some of the postal employees is very irritating. I don't know whay you can't call their bosses and complain...or simply enclose that entire side with those lovely fencing panels. It would look really nice as well.

9. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Love the looks of your front garden. You were a busy lady. That sign should do it!! :D Waiting for pictures next year after it all fills in. Great job!

10. toni

Sjoerd, we will putting up more fence panels that will pretty much close off the front yard from lazy postal carriers. ;)
    We are going to be having some tree limb removal, one dead Chinaberry tree and possibly another tree taken down late this winter on that side of the yard so those fence panels need to wait until after that is done. And I need to have the property line surveyed on the north side before we can put a couple of panels along that bed.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It sounds like you have got things well organized, Toni.
    I hope that it all goes smoothly.