What is your favourite flower and why?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by jonty, May 8, 2011.

1. jonty

jonty New Seed

Mine is the frangipanni, apparently I was a very naughty little girl and annoyed my long suffering mother no end, when she got "the look :scheming: "I had to get out quick to a safe place which was the top of the frangipanni tree she could not climb :D Sitting for hours surrounded by the sweet smelling flowers made them my favourite, and to this day when I'm in trouble I head for the frangipanni tree :stew1:

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Daylilies, I have bought about 30 cultivars and grown many more from seed. Open for a day come rain or shine they have their moment. Small story: A few years ago we were at a Daylily sale and on a separate table were several unnamed daylilies. Since I can not pass up a mystery I bought them. In the garden they are labeled M1 and M2. Striking plants, deep velvet maroon with a golden throat. Last year M1 and M2 had seeds, only 3, I am now waiting to see if they sprout. In 2013 I will see what kind of flower emerges. Suspense permeates the garden air!! :)

Jerry

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Do I really have to try to pick just ONE? :-?
    My favorite flowering shrub is Lilac. My favorite spring perennial is Peony, summer perennial is Delphinium, fall perennial is Rudbeckia. My favorite annual is Zinnia. Most of these plants have fond childhood memories to me except the Zinnia's which I like because they out perform almost everything in my garden. All of these plants will always be in my garden :D

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Just one favorite? Impossible for me to choose!

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I can't choose only one either. Whatever's in bloom or looks particularly attractive is my favourite at that time. :D

We've partial to Hostas though, since they're decorative and very easy to grow and maintain.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Finally, someone asked a question I can answer! Roses, roses, roses. I adore roses. Roses are the best--beautiful, scented, make give-away bouquets that people love, and there is an almost infinite variety of them. Roses!
    However, when I am in trouble, I can't climb to the top of a rose bush, so they do have one drawback.

cherylad, Philip Nulty and jonty like this.
  8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Roses here as well,..i have 16 rose bushes and more coming along,..fascinated with them.

jonty likes this.