What's the weather like by you?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Hi all:
    Rain, rain, and more rain. I just checked my feet to see if they are getting webbing between them. We have had almost a week straight of rainy weather. Then before that we would have one day of rain 2 of sun. So things never get a chance to dry out.
    The farmer next to me will have to chop his first crop hay right back onto his field. Pretty sad.
    A lot of the farmers are really hurting because they can't get into their fields to do anything.
    I look out at my veggie garden and can see that the weeds are loving it and getting bigger everyday. Oh well, they will be easier to pull out then.
    :D

2. Loading...

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Soggy weather is a good time for weed pulling. It is so much easier that way.

Here it is bone dry, don't know if it is "officially" a drought yet, but since our deluge back in April [constant rain for several weeks], we have not had more than 2 or 3 small showers. We could really use the rain here. It is a "mild" 84-- that is certainly much better than say 94, or 104... We have a small reprieve from the summer heat for a few days, then back in the oven for us. :(

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow!

Our temp's are in the low 70's. I'll be praying that some of this rain gets sent your way. Yes, those weeds do pull out really nice.
    Are you in a tornado area? We are so blessed where we live to not have many at all. I'll take the rain over them any day.

5. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

South Central Missouri is part of "tornado alley"... I am only about 3 hours east of Joplin, MO. I do not care for tornadoes either. But then I also do no like earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes, volcanoes, etc. Every place on earth has some disadvantage or other.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Wet, Wet, Wet and I'm not talking popular Scottish pop rock band either. :rolleyes: I can hardly remember when we last had a day without rain - I think it was back in March. I not only have the webbed feet Tooty but have developed fins and gills. :p

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

We had a week or so of nice weather, but we were due for rain and got some. Now the weekend looks wet too.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Rain gives me an reason to work inside, otherwise I would have to work outside, in the fresh air, in the sunshine, with plants.......It has been a wet spring and summer has started with two whole days of rain, darn rain!! :-(

Jerry

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

We're in a severe drought down here in SE Texas.... well all over Texas actually.
    We haven't had hardly any rain this year. Lakes, rivers, streams are drying up. The ground that used to be soft is now as hard as a rock and is cracking. I've only had to mow the grass two times ALL year! Normally you HAD to mow at least once a week.
    We did get some rain over the last couple of days which was really nice, but no way is it enough to end the drought.
    I don't recall the latest figures, but seems we are at least 12 inches below our normal rain fall.
    So... while some of you are getting webbed feet... I'm afraid my feet will get so dry that my toes will start to crack off one by one! :D

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

There's rain here as well...the weeds are loving it!
    I had to harvest in a drizzel yesterday. :-?

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  11. calvinjane

calvinjane Seedling

Rain rain and more rain here. The field behind us has flooded once again - hope those beans the farmer planted can swim.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Rain for us again today. this is the 3rd time tis week. tomorrow is supposed to be 68* for a high. that's a little on the cool side for me.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

OUCH! It's sad how some parts of the country get way to much rain and other parts are not getting enough. Will have to talk to the rain God about that. ;)

14. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Ya, our temps this morning were 56 at 6:00am. Cloudy, and it looks like it's going to rain AGAIN! It feels more like spring. Spring, what is that. We went from winter to summer in one week. Crazy weather.

15. chloe3789

chloe3789 New Seed

Here in Vancouver, it has been pretty nice. Sunny most days but there is still a definite chill in the air. Where oh where is summer?

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  16. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

We've got SUN today! YAY! I'm off outside to make the most of it.

Tooty2shoes likes this.