When choosing plastic pots, which color would you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Panda Pots, Jun 11, 2015.

?

When choosing plastic pots, which color would you prefer?

1. Black

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. White

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dark green

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Brown

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Terracotta

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Panda Pots

Panda Pots New Seed

Hi all, I'm looking to expand my range of pots, but I'm not sure what colors to go for.
    So I thought I would create a poll and ask if you could help me with your opinion.
    Cheers in advance!

2. Loading...

3. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

You didn't mention blue but all of the pots on my patio are a deep glazed blue and look very nice. I avoid black because it draws too much heat if it's in the sun and I can't seem to keep white ones clean. Otherwise I use whatever looks good with the plants I've chosen.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I do have some black ones, only because they were cheap and I needed several. But I love the earthy colors.

5. Vincenza

Vincenza New Seed

Around this house, if it's a container it's a potential pot...:smt108 I did come across some sage green and dusty blue pots in the store the other day that I thought were quite pretty. I love natural looking colors.

Vinnie :stew2:

seawitch likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    In the past the large plastic pots I've gotten have mimicked stone or terra cotta. This year the new ones I bought were black and mimic black pottery. They look much more modern on the patio and show off the plants nicely. I found they mix nicely with the glazed pottery well too. With all the heat we are experiencing I do wonder how the plants will do long term though in the smaller one.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I use brown so I am not competing with the plant colors.... unless the plant is in the burgundy color family... them I will go to a dark green or even maybe a dark blue to complement the color of the foliage. All my hanging baskets this year were brown or dark green. I had lots of people mention how they are so tired of the white baskets drawing the eye away from the plant to the pot. I want to see the plants not the container.

8. Panda Pots

Panda Pots New Seed

Ok thanks everyone for all your musings, I'll be going with the earthy colors, and 1 Dark green for good measure. Sadly my first product is white, didn't realize that's so unpopular :( . Should have checked with you guys first!

9. Vincenza

Vincenza New Seed

Panda Pots...I see lots of folks around my area using the white pots. Especially in the townhomes here...people will enclose their small backyard area with the solid white "plastic" wall-type fencing, then use the white plastic pots to kind of blend in. The colors of the potted flowers really pop against all of the white. It's quite pretty! :D

Vinnie :stew1:

10. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I like to coordinate my pots with the flowers but I also look for price, size and "will I be able to lift this thing?".......

Vincenza likes this.
  11. seawitch

seawitch New Seed

I just bought some new inexpensive plastic pots, and I bought some that were a dark brick red. I really like them. I'm going to put plants in them that flower pink or red.