Where is your favourite holiday destination?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by playtime8978, Apr 14, 2009.

1. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

Summer is fast approaching and People will be planning their yearly holiday/vacation. EJ is already off on her break to spain so I was wondering where is your favourite place to spend your vacation? We do not really go on holiday other than staying at my moms with the dog which, I see as a little holiday as it is a change of scenery and a beautiful place to be and the dog is always good company. We have been to York in May 07 for our honey moon and that was our last proper holiday and we went there for 3 days so how ever small your break may be lets see where everyones favourite place is.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I like to go to Holland and visit friends of ours. Sadly we haven't been able to afford to go over there for a while though. The one place I would love to see would be New Zealand as both my sons have been and say that it's a wonderful country. Other than that I take short breaks in the Highlands as there's nothing to beat our Scottish scenery.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We haven't had a proper vacation since 2004, money and time don't seem to cooperate.
    Most of our trips in the past have been 3-4 day ones to places in Texas....many interesting places here we haven't seen yet. The tourist industry would go broke if everyone traveled like we do ;)

5. jungseed

jungseed Seedling

from personal experience I can tell you the tourist industry is going broke. But luckly for me I have a very nice winter job here with the seeds and plants.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

We like to go to Greece, but can't afford that every year. This summer we're taking the camping car on a round trip to the south of Norway, Denmark, Sweden and home. We would like to make a little detour to Holland, but we'll see how it goes.

I spoke to some Greek friends a couple of days ago, and they reported a low tourist influx prediction for the summer. I just hope things will pick up for everybody soon.

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Where I am right now Billings ,Montana.

8. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

It is good to know that everyone isi n the same position as us that finances and situation dont lend easily to holidays, I am not sure how my orchids would fare if I left them for any extended periods and with me not being in the best of health long flights or long journeys don't get me excited, I would like a nice short break away as has been mentioned and if money allows you can have 2 or 3 short getaways through the year rather than one long holiday and to be honest with me it is always good to get home however a good holiday I have had.

9. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

My FAVORITE place... gosh, how to choose. I love going to a place where I have never been before and have a long list of trips I'd like to take outside of this country. Closer to home... two special places -- the beaches of the East Coast, esp the Outer Banks of NC... and my very dear Southwest, the high desert of New Mexico, especially. Also, I like to spend long weekends sailing on the Chesapeake Bay in Summer -- it's so beautiful and it's home to me. Friends and I split the costs so it's very do-able. I will post a photo of my Bay in the coming months.

10. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I like going to places that I haven't been before. I also like going to a lake up in Michigan where my dad used to take me. This year we are going to Georgia to visit friends, the middle of May in fact.

11. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

BOy this is hard. Every holiday place that we went to so far has been great.
    In winter I love going to Montagu Springs to frolick in the water that is guaranteed to be 36 deg C at all times.
    In summer I love going to Agulhas - the southern most point of Africa.
    In Autumn I love to do some hiking - fav. trails are the Greyton-McGregor trail and the local one Table Mountain itself.
    Then again - I get to do Table Mountain quite regularly.
    And on the odd occasions that I do go abroad - I love visiting the island of Martinique.
    I better stop myself now. I can think of so many places that I still want to visit - but these few places are the ones that are regulars every year.

12. Fuschia

Fuschia New Seed

where do you go on holiday

We absolutely love going to SORRENTO in Italy, we have been there many times.
    Our second is Bonnie Scotland, sadly we have had to cancel our holiday to Scotland this year due to my husbands back injury, we were hoping to meet Eileen.