Where to get seeds?

Discussion in 'Plant and Seed Exchange' started by shanker34, Aug 14, 2008.

1. shanker34

shanker34 New Seed

I am new to growing my own flowers. For next year I want to grow impatients and aster.

However, I don't know of a place that deals with gardeners. Every place I look on the net only deals with nurseries and large establishments.

Does anyone have any pointers? I don't like the seed packets from the local stores or big box stores.

Thanks for any direction!

2. Loading...

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hi Shanker34 and welcome!

Try Googling seed catalogs, you should be able to find plenty, Park Seed, Veseys, Gurneys, Heirloom Seed and many more. Good luck.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Burpee and Ferry-Morse are the two most common seed companies you find for sale in garden centers and nurseries. Ferry-Morse is a good brand, you find them mostly at Lowes and Tractor Supply.
    You can also order from Burpee.com, Gurneys.com, Parkseed.com, Southernexposure.com Order catalogs from each of them and spend the winter drooling.

Have you scanned thru the topics in the Plant and Seed Exchange to see if anyone has the seeds you are looking for? Lots of trades and exchanges going on with our members.

5. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

If you wait long enough, someone will offer seeds on the exchange. There should be more heading for fall. There are many, many seed good catalogues on line.
    Gardengater

Advertisement
  6. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

7. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

I like Thompson and Morgan, I have never have a problem with their seeds and they have great online sales with freebies thrown in. http://www.tmseeds.com.