Winter Gardening Fair.

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, Feb 6, 2012.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I sure hope they have space left there It's being held at Kirkwood College in Cedar Rapids. I tried to register yesterday on line-wanted MY PASSWORD People giving talks --Daybreakingimagery.com Breath taking pictures. But talks on ways to attract more hummers.Etc.Jerry wants to go with me.

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

OH, I do do hope you get to attend! With your great posts it would be like taking everyone on the Stew with you! :smt041 (That was a not-so-subtle hint to share your experience at the Fair).

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I sure hope I can register.In past they just took your name. And you sent your check right away. I Don't like giving out debit number -over the phone. We're going to Cedar Rapids in am. Will go there and hand them a check. So much easier when had State Extension office right here in Town. But I e-mail people giving the talk-not heard back from them.

5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Well I got e-mail I can just send check to them. And make up my own form.In e-mail told lady I don't give out debit card over phone.Didn't want credit card. But if you go to Daybreakimagery.com He's giving one of the talks. I'm bringing some of my pictures. And how I could make them better. :D

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Whooopee! :sete_005: Now we'll all get the benefit of the seminar!
    We expect you to take copious notes, share your new-found knowledge and describe every minute. We also expect you to have a great time and enjoy every minute.

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

In the Cedar Rapids Gazette paper write up said they get at least 200 hummers a day to come to there house.We had many last year-LOVED GETTING Buzzed by them. They sell books and calenders. I will take many notes. Loved the pictures of her Garden. Many plants-but mulched well so can take care of them.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to hospital last Sunday. I didn't think I would make it to fair. But wasn't pneumonia keep me away.
    The key note speaker Susan Day. To get the 200 hummers at their house. She has 30 feeders+ about 40 flowers just for Hummers. One picture Her Dh took 2 hummer in nest. Nest she said was size a Nickle . And to attract even more Winter birds. Need to plant Service berry. And not to clean off garden to ground. I haven't in past few years. Things that have large seed heads-purple cone, etc.

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

http://daybreakimagery.com/ This is the people who put on the main talks. His Pictures are great. Love to have gardens like they have