Winter Sunset Over The Fox River.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Tooty2shoes, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Here a few more pictures I took a week or so ago. We were driving back from my Mom's place. As we drove over the bridge in Wrightstown I was overtaken by the beautiful sunset over the river. I am so glad I had my camera with me. So often I forget it at home and then a great pic comes up and I could kick myself for not having it with me.

[​IMG]
    Sunset over the Fox. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Sunset over the Fox. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Shot threw the trees of the Sunset. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Same pic just up close and so beautiful. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

I will have to have some of these made into prints for my wall. Or to make into greeting cards. God sure knows how to paint a breath taking scene.

Frank, Sjoerd, Henry Johnson and 6 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Stunning!! I love sunsets and sunrises. My father used to call them 'paintings from Mother Nature's art studio.' :D

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Where on the Fox River? I lived next to the Fox River on Hwy 50 between Kenosha and Lake Geneva. We used to go fishing in it.

dooley

5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Great sunset, even the clouds are exciting, excellent use of the trees to add depth to the picture.

Jerry

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Those would look great on anyone's wall! Very nice.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Just beautiful, Tooty!

8. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Stunning!:smt038

Sunrises and sunsets are(one of ) my favourite things to photograph.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Beautiful Toots!

When I was a kid, my mother always used to pause and comment on a beautiful sunset or a beautiful view. I would politely nod & agree while inwardly doing a mental shrug. I now find myself doing what my mother did and really appreciating the momentary beauty around me....and I can tell my kids are (politely) doing their inward shrug!

10. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Glad you all enjoyed seeing this beautiful scene. The color was deeper and more vivid than what my camera shows.

Dooley it was on Hwy 96 going NW out of Wrightstown.
    I have also been seeing Bald Eagles along this stretch of the river.

Cayuga my Mom also taught us to enjoy the beauty around us. She also taught us to enjoy watching lightening, instead of being afraid of it. If there was a storm at night that would wake us up because of the crashing of the thunder. We would all get together in a window where we had a good view of the night sky and ohhh and ahhhh over the spectacular light show.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Breathtaking foto's, 2T.

12. Cayuga Morning

Toots, that's a great way to help kids with fears, and to appreciate the beauty of a lightening storm. My dad did something similar, but with (gross as it is to say) a tick. I had woken up one night and saw something on the wall 6" from my face, moving. In an instant, I realized it was a tick and I became hysterical, screaming, running out of my bedroom. (I was 8.) My dad put the tick in a little jar and helped me realize I could control how it moved (ticks always climb upwards). He helped me conquer my fear. I obviously haven't forgotten it.

13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Cayuga that is a good thing to be taught. But I still hate ticks and smash any I come across. Once my hubby and I went for a walk on the trails around our local college. They have a neat trail system. It winds through a prairie, then through a wet land and then threw a wooded area. After we finished our walk we went to a local bar for a refreshing cold beer. As we were sitting there I felt something tickling my back. I asked my honey to take a look and see if he could see anything. So he reached down the back of my shirt and pulled out--A TICK! I almost undressed right there in the bar to make sure I did not have anymore on me. Gaining control of my wit's, I sped off to the ladies room and made a complete inspection of my cloths.

14. Cayuga Morning

Tooty, I am sitting here chuckling! And, I can SO relate! I may have surmounted my panic about ticks, but I still hate them. In the northeast, we are bothered now by the deer ticks. They are so tiny that they are all but invisible, and they can carry lyme desease. UGGHHH!

15. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

We have those little nasty buggers here also. No matter what kind they are I think that a only good tick is a dead one. :stew1: