Women With Needles

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Sep 30, 2024 at 4:45 PM.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It was a dry day and the Bride needed some clothes. Not every shop was open on sunday, but there were many, plus there were stalls and autos on display on the high street. We also stopped by our pal that has a shop in the downtown. There was tea and bikkies. Welcome because we had walked all over own and were feeling peckish.

We told them about the sign that we had seen in the entrance to one of the clothing stores. Here it is:
    IMG_4569.jpeg

I don’t think it was a joke. It did catch a persons’s eye though.

Here, a shopping bag— also with a catchy text:
    IMG_4571.jpeg

Well, we finished up the refreshments and headed off to the health centre for our covid prick. It was like a big party because we saw six folks from our apartment building.

It was fun chatting and making jokes with our neighbours in that nervous sort of way that one does when there are women with needles hanging-about.

This little posting could end here; however, our day out would not be complete without eating out. We dropped in on that little Himalayan restaurant for a bite to eat. We were not disappointed. We were reminded of our travels to that region of the world.

Oreti, Daniel W, Logan and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Sounds like a pleasant day, all around.

From the title, I thought you were going to write about nurses giving immunizations LOL. I got mine three days ago - COVID and influenza. My shoulders were very sore for two days, which I took to mean the shots were working. Better today.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

@Daniel W Remember the early covid days of cars in line at huge parking lots ie: stadiums…getting those Covid injections. Well… both times we were forced by our docs to get the jab . And the inexperienced volunteers injections went right into my shoulder joint capsules in 2019. Some shoulder pain is a common symptom after intramuscular vaccination. However in 2019 my shoulder joints were in serious pain for weeks/months. Turns out shoulder joint injuries have been reported after coronavirus disease 2019 vaccination needles went to far into the joint capsule, messed up my rotator cuffs and caused bursitis.

Glad to hear you have received your flu/covid immunizations early this year and done for awhile. Ice and rest plz…take it easy for a day or two…:)

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Daniel— it was a reasonable day. I liked the food. Haha. The Bride was chuffed with her purchases.

Pac— sorry to hear that you had a faulty injection. An intra-synovial or intra-articular injection really is a beginners’ error. I have heard that the same happened over here a time or two back in the beginning. How did the docs correct that accident? Did you have to get a second injection, or did your body absorb the injection material?
    Oh well, as long as you and your man are protected. Fingers crossed that that never happens again.

Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Thank you Sj - Covid Injection issue ….Really didn’t know what had transpired at first was in severe pain for a few days immediately after the injection. It was’t until later when both shoulders locked up. At that point went to the doc and after tests found out that the injections is what caused the issue. Time helped and it is still is a painful reminder.

It was a universal misfortune for sure , many had suffered the same flawed fate.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

I credit vaccinations for why I'm still alive. With my medical history, I think it's likely I could not have survived the early COVID pandemic, had I caught it. Plus being in hospital or even clinic is miserable for me.

Even now, I'm careful to get every vaccination on time.

Sometimes I wonder if my course last year reflected long COVID from an undiagnosed case. There is no way to find out.

Sorry Pac it was such an ordeal for you :confused:

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Thank you @Daniel W for your kind concern with my needle jab experience during the Covid lockdown.

Below, is new info on studies done on Long Covid . May help with understanding the long covid symptom's . I have not had Covid yet my spouse caught it in a major university hospital. Thank goodness he had received the current covid vaccination at the time last Jan. It doesn’t prevent one from getting Covid just a less serious infection. They also have given us meds to take if covid is diagnosed again.

The ex CDC official Dr Robert Redfield also has done many studies on long covid that he talks about his findings with Chris Cuomo on YouTube from A-Z. Very informative.

It’s very interesting how Covid developed in the first place and how the CDC has handled it .

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Daniel— perhaps it is worth having your blood checked for Covid biomarkers for your own information.

Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.