Yuck !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Last night we got sleet, then snow (1") then rain, then freezing rain. We have about 1/4 inch of ice all over everything this morning. So far we haven't lost power yet. We are an a break now, but the 2nd round comes in this afternoon. Hopefully it will move East faster than North. If it does, we will get all snow. Everything here is shut down. Even Wright Patterson Air Force base is shut up and it's one of the biggest in the country.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The storm left us about an hour ago, heading your way Capt.
    Pretty much everything here is closed too, including some major highways.
    Dallas/Ft.Worth International Airport is closed down, first time in many, many years.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh boy ... weatherman said the storm would hit here tonight and into tomorrow, but it has already started snowing. I think I'm going to go outside and bring in some extra firewood LOL I sure hope DH has extra gas for the generator...

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Well, the second round of storm is almost over. Tues. night we had more sleet, then freezing rain and then rain that froze on contact. Then it warmed up some. I got woken up at 3 am to the sound of falling ice on the roof, from the tree branches. It was 32F then and by 4 am it was at 34F. Almost all the ice had fallen when the wind started at 5 am. Now at 10 am, the wind has died down some and we are getting light snow showers. Thur. is supposed to be cold, low 20's with mostly sunny. Maybe some of this ice will start to melt. The ice isn't too bad to walk on as it is rough in texture. Where the ice fell from the trees, it has frozen to the ice that was on the ground and is really rough, but a lot easier to walk on!

6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Weather here is pretty much same as Capt's. My car doors were frozen shut this morning, but that was the only problem I had. Getting to work was fine, only 2 mins late cause of getting my doors thawed. Sidewalks/parking lot is icy, I just skated my way aroudn this morning instead of walking...safer that way! lol