Eclipse photos

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Apr 9, 2024.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I must admit that I'm glad the eclipse is done. It was the sole subject on TV news, newspaper articles, and national news.
    We had passing clouds, but took our chairs, wine, and viewing glasses to the front yard. The clouds gave us a break and husband got some photos (using a special filter on the camera.)
    Beginning of the eclipse:
    eclipse begins.jpg
    And total eclipse with the "ring of fire" effect:
    Ring of Fire b.jpg

Melody Mc., Kay, Oreti and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, those are good pics considering you had intermittent cloud cover. Chapeau to your hub and filter for the camera work.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Those are awesome @marlingardener!

I tend to forget to look up there. Clouds and rain. But the summers are clear and dry, so I should then. The problem is, they didn't schedule the eclipse in a convenient time or place for me.

I live near enough to Mt. St. Helens to see it when driving around (and Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams) but not from my house. Vast geologic and interstellar events always fill me with wonder.

Melody Mc., Oreti, Pacnorwest and 2 others like this.
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Nice shots Marlingardener.

When there was a eclipse here sometime ago I totally forgot about it and I was in the garden when it happened. I enjoyed the cool moment when the sun was hidden for awhile and only knew it was an eclipse when my neighbour asked me did I look at it.

Advertisement
  6. Oreti

Oreti Seedling

I can remember an eclipse back in 1999( I think) , it was during the school holidays fortunately, and in the afternoon so I had our 3 ,much younger, sons with me.

It was so eerie...as the summer temp cooled down and the sky darkened all the horses in the surrounding fields became unsettled and started neighing, then our pet Cockatiels began frantically flapping their wings. Suddenly all went quiet and not even the wild birds outside made a noise. So weird, but glad the boys got to witness it too. :)

7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I wondered how you would be able to view this event! Very nice pics and kudos to your husband for the photos MG. :)

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.