20 More Days

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Biita, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

11 more days and counting---------------------

It's getting pretty exciting now, eh? You may have to paint some more furniture to take your mind off it. heh heh heh.... and of course, that will mean more pics, it goes without saying. ;)

2. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

lol,, i just might have to Sjoerd,, we got more snow! Snows every night now, then sun during the day melts it all. Then back to snow,,,sigh. I am starting to get nervous tho. I'm going to put Josh in the barn,,lol. I know, I know, that sounds bad, but its actually a loft apartment. I'll post some pics, so all don't think i'm mean,,,lol. Plus he asked to be put in the barn! He loves it there.

11 more to go,,,,,,,,,,

3. Biita

Oi, just 10 days to go,,,,

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope you have the refrigerator and freezer well stocked. After a couple of years of eating army meals he will find grazing thru a well stocked fridge/freezer a little bit of heaven ;)

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

10 days and counting------------------------

Well what about that... putting the lad in the barn. heh heh heh. I´ll bet that he´ll just be glad to be home, wherever he sleeps. chuckle...and you shall be even happier ;)

6. Biita

ohh my goodness, down to single digits,,,lol.

I have his freezer all stocked and ours. I've put the basics in his fridge, but he knows my fridge is his too. I just want his to have food in it incase he decides to wander around during the night then gets hungry. The day before i'll get bread and sandwich foods for him. The fridges here in Norway, (this is only from all the places i've visited, and people i know now) we all have fridges that are under the counters, so their not real big.

I have got to get pics of the barn,,lol. Its really not that bad as it sounds,,,lol.

9 days to go,,,,,,

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

9 days and counting---------------------------

Yes, it's getting right on down now. Singel digits is a milestone. ;)

We have the small fridges that you describe here. many folks have them still; however, we got my M-I-L's.. when she got a new one and it was an upright one...she has an under-the-counter one again now. hahahaha.
    A couple of years ago the one from the M-I-L gave uip the ghost, so we got another tall one...and a freezer for all the garden veg.--we sort of rotate it from the freezer where we store it long term, to the kitchen fridge freezer where we can choose veg daily.
    Yeah, those under-the-counter ones are widely used here.

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Only nine... I'm counting with you.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Look at that, Biita... Droopy's counting with you too! The Stew is good like that, innit? :)

10. Biita

lol,, I can use all the help I can get to make it to the 30th! Thanks Droopy, and all who are counting also.

Well I felt bad about everyone thinking Josh is going in the barn,,lol. So I took some pics so all can see i'm not so mean,,lol.

the barn
    [​IMG]

his living space
    [​IMG]

his eating space
    [​IMG]

his little kitchen, and the door to left of the pic is his bathroom/shower area, and under the stove is his fridge, all ready for him.
    [​IMG]

The loft with one of the beds,,you have to climb a ladder to get up there,,,mama don't do that,,,lol.
    [​IMG]

Over all view of his apartment, and also his home when he gets out of the military and comes to Norway for good. He can decorate how he wants it then.
    [​IMG]

So you see,, he won't be bad off in the barn,,,lol.

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That's a really cool apartment space for him, he will so enjoy the privacy.
    You posted an outside picture of it sometime last year and said it was a guest cabin ;)

I have seen several British Sit-coms, all the kitchens have those under the counter fridges and never have understood how something that small can be useful.
    I can't stand going to the grocery store once a week, couldn't do it every day.

Single digits now, I am getting nervous and excited too.

12. Biita

lol,, shopping isn't so bad, but we do have the deep freezers to keep alot of meats, fish and frozen veggies in after harvest. So its basically dairy products and i don't really have to do that either if i want to spend all my time making the dairy products,, dairy farm down the road.

The barn is the place where long term guests stay, or relatives of KB's, friends,, that sort of place,, but once Josh is done in a yr and half, that will be all his,, so the long term guests will have to stay in another cabin, or hopefully the other side of the barn if it ever gets done... it will be simular to that one but a little bigger.

13. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Nice barn! :D I'd love a stay in there.

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

8 days and counting--------------
    Good grief! That is some 'barn'. I could LIVE in such a nice place.
    You know what I like...I like the red paint that one sees on so many Norwegian buildings.

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Wow, what a cool place for him to stay. I just think lofts are so neat. I'm sure he'll enjoy his time off.