20 More Days

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Biita, Apr 10, 2008.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Last picture reminds me of an old saying dr came up with. "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose." dooley

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:smt043 Dooley, that's hilarious!

And I think I forgot to wish Josh HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :stew2:

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I like your family picts. Please tell Josh to have a H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y. Enjoy dinner and the rock band and just being home with his family. :)

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

5 days and counting------------------------

Ja, ja...just 5 quick leedl days.
    It sounds like the cooking and baking is in full swing.
    You have such a schedule ready for that boy, he'll have to go back to work to get a rest, chuckle.
    Happy birthday to Josh.
    Well.. you wind that cooking up now and just sit around and be ultra-excited for awhile, it'll help loads. ;)
    I think as time rolls on, we are all getting a little excited with you.
    Keep on keeping on...

Advertisement
  5. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Okay, todays schedule to help the extremely, radically nervous tension i have:

All the ice is broke up now infront of the house where i am putting in the herbs. So,,,,,now to get out all the containers, clean them, go dig up pine straw to lay as a cover and put down where i want the container. Go for walk. Wash laundry. find good sea rocks to lay as a barrier for the new herb garden. haul those rocks alllll the way up the back drive. drink coffee inbetween each chore.

Okay that should keep me occupied for today...lol.

5 more days to go.......

6. Droopy

Five... Only all the fingers one one hand.

7. Biita

Ohhh man were down to 4 days,,,lol.

Today's challenge for the radically nervous, totally air heady frame of mind i'm in today will be to just go for a long walk with Balder, and take some pics. Maybe go to town for coffee or go visit my friend Inger. (theres an idea, i can invade her garden area, maybe chop up her ice,,,lol... or not!)

4 days now!!,,,,,,,,,,,

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

4 days and counting-------------------------
    my, oh my...look at that hand of yours.... only 4 fingers stuck up. Things are getting a leedl exciting now, eh wot Biita-baby? ;)

9. Droopy

:smt052 I'm right there beside you, can you see me?

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

3 days and counting------------------------
    Yup...count 'em...three. Very exciting now, eh? Well we're all here with you now...patiently waiting. WE we can be patient, but you...wellllll...you can be just as shaky as you wanna be.:)
    You have all those distractions to keep your nerves under control, but are they helping?
    Happiness is a great thing, isn't it?

11. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

HOW HAPPY I AM FOR YOU!! I AM OVER JOYED AT THE THOUGHT OF YOUR REUNION. Enjoy every second and I know your boy is a man now, but get all of the sugar you can!!!!!

12. Biita

lol,, I know thats right D2D,, he's still my little boy down deep, and always will be.

Ohhh Sjoerd, i am shaking like a leaf in a hurricane..lol. I'm just so excited, that everyday i make a challenge for myself to make the days go faster. Todays challenge i have no idea,, the brain does not want to co-operate with me,,lol.

Yesterday after dinner, Josh called to check in with me, and maybe about 2 minuted into the conversation,, he said he had to go, sirens were blasting, morters were hitting close, then his line went dead,,, I was a wreck,,I had the phone on loudspeaker, so KB could join in on the conversation. When we both heard that I swear we were both whiter than sheets, and speechless. about 2 hours later he called back to say it was nothing, just happens all the time. but he had to go, just didn't want me to panic,,,Too Late!!! but i was relieved to hear his voice.

I guess they don't call that place Mortoritaville for nothing!

3 very very long days to go,,,,,,,,,

13. Joann

Joann Seedling

Biita, I feel your happiness and your panic. I too have a son in Iraq..my oldest who is 27. You all are right, no matter how old they are they are still our babies.

Josh is probably in the process of working himself your way since it's just 3 days away now. The big day will be here before you know it!

Josh, if you ever read your moms blog I'd like to say Thankyou for your service.

14. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Biita, I am so excited for you and your family.I know you are just bouncing off the wall with happiness and good plans for his homecoming! Please tell Josh I said Happy Birthday and thank him for his service in the Army.

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

2 days and counting----------------------------

You're right, Biita...three lonnnnnnnnng days IS an eterinty...however, it's only two now!! ;)
    Just think TWO days....
    Sorry to hear about the mortar attack. Or should I say, the effect that it had upon you and your man. Darn fools...don't they KNOW that you're on tender hooks?

Well, a deep breath now, and wait for this day to pass...then you know we will be into the single digit waiting game :-D
    Oh yeahhhhhhhhh.

Hang in there.
    [​IMG]