20 More Days

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Biita, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Ohhh my goodness, i know how that woman feels,,lol.

Thanks all who have gone day to day with me, you all really have no idea how it has helped to wake up and know others care..

Joann, thank you, and i do know how you feel. Where is you son stationed in Iraq? Josh is at Camp Anaconda, near Balad Air Force Base. He's in communications. Josh leaves on April 30th. He's actually only 6 hours flying time away. but like he said its when he gets to Qwait that he might be held up for 2 hours to 2 days. I sure hope your son gets leave soon and come home to his family. Or better yet his time is served and gets to come home. Josh still has 11 months in Iraq to go.

Thank your son also for his service to his country, and I don't live there, but my daughter does, so thank him for me for helping my daughter.

Todays agenda,,,well its raining, so i think i will tear the house apart and spring clean, unless the sun comes out, then i'll go out.

2 days left of nervous anticipation,,,,,,,

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm sorry for your rain, it limits your choices of wearing yourself out I guess. Happy spring cleaning then.

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Biita you're going to be so tired out when Josh arrives with all this extra work you're giving yourself. :rolleyes: What a shame that it's decided to rain at the last moment. I hope it clears up for your son coming so that you can get out and about together. Not long now!!! :stew1:

4. Joann

Joann Seedling

My son Steven is in Mosul Iraq at FOB Marez. He's only 5 months into a 15 month deployment but gets leave this July. This is his 3rd tour to Iraq and his last tour he was at Anaconda so I'm familiar with it and know all about the mortars.

It's planned that he and his family will be coming here for a few days while he's on leave. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the high gas prices doesnt keep it from happening. I believe I get to puppy sit also..the puppies being two full grown English Mastiffs!

Steven must be used to Army life because he's reenlisted again but changed his MOS to MP. I'm excited because that means he could very well end up at Ft. Leavenworth Kansas which is just 40 minutes away from me. He'll start classes as soon as his Iraq tour is over.

Currently he's doing Recovery while in Iraq. Here's an article about them and he's pictured. My Steven is the middle guy in the photo.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/recover ... _rigs.html

Well wishes for you and yours Biita, may every minute be joyous. I wont be long now : )

Joann

Advertisement
  5. Biita

Oooo-kay!!! I got news from my son yesterday. Today he is going for a debriefing at 11:30 his time, 9:30 my time, and 3:30am EST in the states. From there he is LEAVING for Quwait! He will get his itinerary there for flight travel, and if all goes well,, he could be here in Norway TODAY!!! If not then probably leave tomorrow or the next day. So maybe, just maybe he will be a day ahead of schedule...Ohhh this is so good!!

Joann, I can't imagine 3 tours, how do you do it,, i'm a wreck with his first. lol. Josh is also serving a 15 month tour, but I did hear that military is supposed to just serve 12 months now,, I hope i understood norwegian right,,lol. I know Josh wants to reinlist but I think he wants to go Navy, only because of the Navy base here in Norway, which is only 2 islands up from me, or about a 6 hour drive. Andøya or Duck Island. Its also a NATO base and signal and communications, but he just wants to serve 2 yrs there, then go to Japan. But he hasn't reinlisted yet, because he's not sure what he wants yets. But he did sign up for 8 yrs, he just doesn't know where yet. I read the article, and your son looks like he does like what he does. Good for him. Same with Josh, he loves communications.

All my best to you and your son and his family Joann, hope he comes home soon and gets that transfer near you!

Okay, i don't know if i write 1 day left, or Its Today!! but soon, very soon he will be here,,,, lets go with 1 day left to be on the safe side.

1 day left........

6. Biita

I'm so freakin nervous,,,,,,,

7. Droopy

So it's either 2 or 1 or today? No wonder you're feeling good, keep at it!

8. eileen

Oh the tension is getting too much for me. I cleaned everything in sight before coming in here to see if you'd had any news!!!! Let's hope Josh makes it home today Biita. I'll be watching for the all important message "He's arrived."

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

one day and counting------------------------

Dear, oh dear...just one day left Biita.
    How in the world are you doing? I'll bet that no amopunt of 'tricks' can keep you calm now... heh heh heh ;) , so just go for it: be nervous! It's a good kind of nervous.
    Everyone here is so thrilled for you, and the day is at hand.
    I guess we won't be seeing you for some days now, eh?
    Well, have a great time, you lucky person.

It's been great counting down with you, hope that this type of support helped. I know that I enjoyed it.

Take care now and E-N-J-O-Y !
    :-D

10. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I wouldn't plan on any sight of Biita for awhile once her son shows up... reading all this makes me really appreciate the lump of boyness sleeping on my sofa right now, think I'll go weird him out with a hug, lol!

11. Droopy

It's way past 09.30 now, any news?

12. Joann

Joann Seedling

Yippee! You're counting down the hours..much better than counting down the days. :-D

13. eileen

Any more word from Josh Biita before my fingernails are chewed to the elbows?!!!! :D :D

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

This waiting is a bit rattling. I have lost count of how many times I have come back inside to check the forum messages. :eek: :-D

15. petunia

petunia Young Pine

1:00 p.m. here in Mich. Any word yet? Biita , you shouldn't be nevous, thats what we're here for. Just be excited!
    Where o where is he-On his way??