a bit of a drive to the grand canyon...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by carolyn, Oct 23, 2016.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

no, Jewell a week is not long enough. Try to find the Mystery Castle if you have time. I think it is a 10.00/person fee but really cool. the man "harvested" everything from the dumps or mountain to build his mansion back in the 1930's -50's. I forgot my camera that day so i don't have pictures but it was cool. I hope you have a great trip, too. We drove through the Tonto mountains to get there... whoooooooo what a drive.

Back home and still working. The one greenhouse has cukes, tomatoes and peppers in it... I canned 1/2 pints of hot peppers last week. harvested plenty of sweet peppers for Thanksgiving dinner along with enough cucumbers for the relish tray. Canning baked beans tonight. I am so far behind from going away for two weeks but whatever doesn't get done just doesn't. Being a care giver is far more work than being a gardener. I am ready to go back on vacation.

2. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Sounds like you had a great trip Carolyn. Must agree with you, it is a vast area that could swallow many small countries.

carolyn likes this.