Are you having drought where you are?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AAnightowl, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Finally the rains came this week. Hope to throw out more clover seed. The soil is poor and clover appeared to weather the long dry spell better than some of my other weeds. From June to October with no moisture was a long period of drought for us. Had to fill the water for the birds daily since they had fewer supplies to pick from for drinking and bathing.

2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Jewell… Punget Sound area is a beautiful area. Have you been to see Heronswood Gardens by world renown plant horticulturist / plant collector Dan Hinkley? It’s beautiful I’ve seen it way before burpee bought it and now it’s been refurbished to it original beauty.

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

We did get a few inches of rain in late August/early September (I forgot the dates already), which was a blessing and helped out a lot. Farmers got a second cutting of hay after all.

My strawberries revived, at least some of them did. I did not get berries, but the plants are looking good, so maybe in the spring, I will have more berries? My berry bushes survived after all so far. And we had heavy storms and rains this past weekend, which really helped out. Thankfully, we did not get any tornadoes like some did.