bunkie doings...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by bunkie, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

i've never heard of them till i moved here, too, carolyn! they're supposed to be crystals of moisture caught in the sunlight creatig a rainow. very cool! :D

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hahaha....Are you sure that the hawk isn't a pet...why, I'llbet you have a big, thick leather glove on your other arm as you took the foto. ;)

What a surprise to see that doe there. Actually that one lighter pic is not too bad at all.

I liked the pictures before these that featured your barn.

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Bunkie,
    eggs aplenty,..but how old were they?,..were any non floaters?,..nice shot of the Doe,..and before that post you spotted a Moose,..i can see just why you enjoy yourselves where you live,..its all there,..even the distant bird of prey!!.

4. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

no no no sjoerd, no glove on the other hand!!! i don't think i'd dare! when they fly overhead, we yell, 'Big Birds', and the pups chase them! :D

hubs said that last night when he took the dogs for a run out baack on the tractor, there was a doe in the field. he said it waas bigger than this one. he said he talked to it and it came reaally close to the tractor. the pups didn't move at all. it was surreal!

after that he went to the mailbox to get our mail and saw a buck in the road. he said he stopped and told it about the doe in our back fields and said it took off that way. :D

nothin' but fun here on the farm, most of the time!!!

as far as the eggs, i will float them before we use them to see if they're any good. a constant practice here...

Advertisement
  5. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

transplanting like crazy here now. still cold and we have had a fire in the little woodstove for the past 5 days at night. they're promising 80's for a couple days this week...then back down...oh well...

it misted rain all day yesterday, and the plants that were in the gardens loved it. time to mulch heavy tho, cause when the sun came out this morning, the top of the soil was drying out pretty good.

ducks are doing great! two times i couldn't find the eggs again. i them send hubs in and he always finds them! 13 eggs in each spot!!! i don't think anyones not laying now. :D

pete's being very lazy lately, and spends a lot of time with sammy. they are real buddies!

sammy's doing well and learning the ropes of farmlife...but...he's gotten into trouble herding the ducks in their pens. he can't get in the pens, but he can run them back and forth from outside. i finally bought a whistle and when he hears that, he comes a running to me. good dog!:D

will post some pics after the planting's finished.

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Things are busy there on the farm, I see.
    Its always a delight to get an update on the menagerie as well as your planting. I'm looking forward to those piies.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Things are busy there on the farm, I see.
    Its always a delight to get an update on the menagerie as well as your planting. I'm looking forward to those piies.

8. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

me too sjoerd!!! :D

we had another moose stop by this morning. big one with huge antlers.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

......annnnnd Bunkie, where was that camera of yours then? :)

10. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

i had it in my pocket! yes, with time i get smarter!

the moose took of pretty fast, so i only got one maybe two shots of him. i'll have hubby download the pics soon...

11. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Bunkie,
    looking forward to seeing the shot of the Moose!.

Gosh you are still with coldish nights,..its a long time from frost to snow to spring and still chilly there.

Good to see the ducks are laying aplenty and still playing tricks on you by hiding the eggs,..yep ducks love hiding eggs.

Sammy is still adjusting to life on the farm,..keep a close eye on him and whistle at the ready until he stops attempting duck herding, :rolleyes: .

12. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

that's so true! i bought ed and i each a metal whistle. he comes to it really well...also...the small pocket fog horn for ed works great too! :D

the cold nights are still hanging in, and we're taking another cold snap in for the next two days...low 60's...better than 50's! :D

hopefully our fall will be a long warm late one!

too buzy to take more pics now, but soon...

13. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

it's still strange weather here. has been 42F the last few mornings! doing lots of weeding and finishing up transplanting and attempting a fall garden now.

got the shade cloth on the greenhouse yesterday...in case summer ever arrives! :D

here's a pics of the last moose sighting...he's a little left of center...

http://i54.tinypic.com/bg7kli.jpg

daisybeans likes this.
  14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Boy, oh boy Bunkie--that's a very lovely foto. It has such a god feel to it.
    I always said that you had a charming farm. What a good feeling I get when I see this pic.

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Bunkie,
    that picture of the Moose was a sight to see,..and the surrounding area,..i can just imagine all the wildlife in among all those trees,..its pleasing to know you do look up and around from all the weeding.