bunkie's greenhouse pics...2010...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by bunkie, Mar 30, 2010.

1. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

glendan, i'm so sorry to hear you lost your plants and your health is failing. i will try and keep posting pics to hopefully keep your spirits up!

big hugs......

ej, you ain't seen nothing yet! :D still got the peanuts to plant, and many more herbs, experimenting with 8 varieties of Couve Tronchuda, okra, tomatilloes, melons, squash, corn, and and and... :D

droopy, soon there will be very little room in the greenhouose. check out the first year we got the gh....

[​IMG]

sjoerd, give me few more weeks and maaybe we'll have some color!

newf, this greenhouse and all is total creativity. we make do with what we have here. we learn alot, too!

2. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Very nice greenhouse you have there and quite a variety of plants and vegetables. I look forward to seeing how they are grow and prosper. So for "Pete" sake keep us updated. ;)

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hey, Bunkie, as long as you have space to walk, there's room. :D When you have to sneak in sideways and look carefully where you step, then it's full up.

4. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

This is just more inspiring every day Bunkie. What are the dimensions of your greenhouse. It sounds like you have got a little bit of everything (or a lot!). Did you and your husband build it? And, one last, are you going to grow all that stuff inside the greenhouse or plant it out when it warms up outside?

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Every time I see a pic of yopur greenhouse, I just scratch my head and grin. It is such a nice-looking one with a great selection already growing on the tables.

6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

thanks sjoerd...that laast pics was in 2005, tho. we'll be there soon if it'll just warm up and quit snowing here...

hey droopy, "to sneak in sideways and look carefully where you step", that's so true! so many times i have set flats on garbage pails full of water, only to brush by them and knock the plants into the water. we have many 'mystery' plants each years! :D

daisy, we found this greenhouse on sale at Farm Tech/Growers Supply 5 or so years ago. hubby and friends put it together. it's 48 x 26. it collapsed under the weight of snow 2 years ago. we just couldn't keep up shoveling with the 6 inches every other day plus. hubby and friends managed to rebend the frame, sort of, and then we put hard plastic, another great deal from Farm Tech/Growers Supply, instead of the loose film. held up well this winter, but, we only had a foot of snow! :D

we're going to plant A LOT of the stuff outside in our gardens. some will be sold locally and at the farmers market.

gail, LOL, 'for Pete's sake'!!!

geepers, it snowed all day yesterday. took off the blankets, but left the reemay cloth on everybody. didn't get much above 35F. today it's the same only with a very strong cold wind. guess we're having a late winter! i can't believe it's on the 70's in Maine!!!

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Thanks for the hugs Bunkie.I haven't give up just not adding plants much now and pulling in my yard bunches as my son Kevin and his girl friend are doing most of it.I stll have some plans and have planted a few new bulbs.
    Good luck with all of your plants and I'll be looking for all your pictures.

8. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Everytime I look at your piccies it inspires me to go and sow more seeds for my greenhouse. Sowed lots of beans and flowers today, going to do squash later this week. That sea of green seedlings is just a joy.

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

great greenhouse Bunkie. I thought Mine was big. I thhink yours must be wider. We just put blue tarp over ours last year ( it was a $$ thing)But it has since blowen off this year with some winds we've had already. I really would like to get clear plastic over it this year. We plant right into the ground and seemed to worked pretty good last year.

10. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

good luck petunia! hope you get it fixed. we really did miss ours.

here's the latest doings...it's been too wet and cold to put anything in the gardens, well mostly too wet. every single plant in the greenhouse is busting to get out. hopefully today i'll get the peas, fava beans, grapes and nut trees in the grounds...lots more to separate and repot...

pete entering greenhouse...

[​IMG]

me & pete...early AM and haven't brushed my hair yet! :D

[​IMG]

peanuts....doing a trial,,,

[​IMG]

celery...needs separating...

[​IMG]

orange angora tomato....the most beautiful, silvery, velvet leaves i've ever seen...

[​IMG]

onions...

[​IMG]

extra dwarf pak choi...these are amazing! every single day i go out there and sample these waiting for the bitter taste to come on and nothing! even when going to seed, they are still very sweet...

[​IMG]

brussel sprouts and purple and white cauliflower...

[​IMG]

fava beans (yes sjoerd, i gotta get them in the ground today!!!) and our snowplow ed's working on...yup...in the greenhouse... :D

[​IMG]

curly waiting at greenhouse gate...

[​IMG]

pete and crabapple tree in bloom...

[​IMG]

peach blossoms...

[​IMG]

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oooh, such delicious - ehm. I mean wonderful photos of your delightful greenhouse. :D I've always wanted an orange cat and a greenhouse, and I never thought about how well orange goes with green. Wish I could help you repot, it would have been fun.

12. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Looks great Bunkie. You're going to have a boatload of goodies! Everything looks fabulous -- what are you going to do with it all now? Do you keep your plants inside the greenhouse or plant them outside? It's exciting to see how things are progressing.

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hiyah Bunkie-- It sure is nice getting an update of how things are going there. All those plantlets look so good.
    You are right--it's time to get those beans in the ground....if the weather is permitting there.

Having your pets keep you company seems so cozy there at the greenhouse.
    I'll bet you consult them before making a move with your plants. :D hahaha.

14. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh Bunkie you've certainly been making the most of all that greenhouse space haven't you? :eek: It's good to know that Pete and Curly are both keen observers and enjoy keeping you compnay while you work. All your plants look so healthy and lush. You've certainly got green fingers that's for sure!! :stew1:

15. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Bunkie, Your greenhouse is just great! I am also jealous :D
    I love Pete too, he's a handsome boy.