Cayuga's Flowers

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Cayuga Morning, Jul 29, 2012.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Lovely garden, And great pictures. We have milk weed in veggy garden. Seen butter flies.Got new camera -wish my flowers looked as nice as yours. Praying for rain. Thanks for sharing.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Can I come too I would love to sit in your garden for a few hours too, it is so lush.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You have some gorgeous plants there, Cayuga. That border by the pool is quite attractively done....so attractively done that I am going back up the page and look at your flowers some more.

Very nice.

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Sjoerd--Thank you. I actually want to renovate it next spring. The very tall phlox are marching forwards, and overshadowing some very pretty and not-as-tall daylilies. I hope to reverse the groupings in the spring. Philip Nulty has talked about doing a 'Chelsea Chop' on too-tall plants. I mean to ask him about that.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Doing the Chelsea Chop is really handy if you want to have an extended flower showing in your garden.

There are a couple of plants that I do that to--Pholoxes and sedums. I am going to expand to Heleniums (just to see if I can get away with it).
    It is primarily done in the spring around the time of the Chelsea Flower Show in GB.

Good luck with it.

6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh! Thanks Sjeord. I thought it was to lower the height of plants. Various critters manage to munch on plants as they grow. Maybe if they don't do it in an organized way, I can help with the Chelsea Chop.