Christmas tree and snow scenes

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

They are nice Santas but not sure if they are the same, here's a close up. Can you do a close up please Melody?
    IMG_20221209_203224_(864_x_1536_pixel).jpg

Droopy, Pacnorwest, eileen and 2 others like this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I think you are right L. Cousins perhaps :)

Funny that yours has the lovely winter fur coat, and mine is in a sweater. Apparently my Santa didn't get the memo regarding the temperatures.

DSCN9897.JPG

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

He still looks good though and the same sort of colours. How long have you had him and the other santas Melody?

eileen and Melody Mc. like this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

They are a bit random. When I was working I would search our little town for one - so the big red fella and the fisherman are about 15 years old. The Santa in the sled is about 10 years, and the cousin of yours about 6. Now that I don't work, I happily stumble on them well after Christmas sometimes and give them a home. One must be careful to not become a Santa hoarder :rolleyes: And I'm much more careful financially now since quitting to be home with Hubby. It is deep breaths and self control for me when we go to the city and see the Christmas aisles. :whistling: I was so impressed that I only came out with wrapping paper, tape and Christmas crackers last week when we had to go the city. ( I did hold a few ornaments and pause...putting them back..:nerdy:.)

I scratched my Christmas ornament itch this week with some beading. I learned how to bead some ornmanents. They turned out okay. Now they just need a tree :)

eileen, Cayuga Morning and Logan like this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

That's good Melody, i think that I'm becoming a Santa and snow man hoarder.

Can you show the ornaments that you've made?

Melody Mc., eileen and Cayuga Morning like this.
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@Melody Mc. We have what you'd call a "share shed" in our town only here we call it the "take-it-or-leave-it". I have one friend who calls it the "put-and-take". I wonder how many towns have these. Ours is at the Town dump.

We have a recently arrived Afghani family in town & I encountered them in the take-it-or-leave-it yesterday, very pleased to discover some Christmas ornaments that someone had left. There was much (to me incomprehensible) discussion about those ornaments. Quite a bit of time spent assessing them. But I'm a fine one to talk! I was spending quite a bit of time assessing the Xmas cookie tins someone had left.

Sjoerd, eileen, Logan and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Chckle Cayu. Great anecdote.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cayu—We have share tables at the allotment. One table is for gardening stuff, like plants, tools chicken wire and so forth. The second one is for books— for exchanging or just for reading.

9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Driveway pics snow scenes.
    Horse rollin in the snow in the pasture. 93B50C89-9863-4866-BC60-68C742E4D5DB.jpeg 6839EC0F-1FAB-490B-8DB3-02D8D8E461ED.jpeg 48B56792-9115-4D73-A3B7-B1F8EFF43144.jpeg CBA3A9C7-84DA-43CF-94A8-669DEF33D8AE.jpeg

10. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

@Logan and @Melody Mc. you both have lovely decorations! I'm not a Santa or gnome person myself, but we have a few anyway. Here's some of our decorations:

Not christmassy enough? I love Winnie the Pooh. Sue me!

20221212_111030.jpg

I also like sheep...

20221212_110831.jpg

This village started out years ago, and we've added a piece here and a piece there every year. We're not adding more until some of the pieces break or stop working:

20221203_133337.jpg

11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hey, @Pacnorwest, I really like your snow scenery, and the horse enjoying a good roll! How much snow do you normally get in winter, and what are the winter temps like where you are?

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac—your foto’s really are stunning. What a wonderful place you have there. Your grounds are remarkable to see … any time of year. It was joyous to see your horse rolling about in the snow. I know that Droopy will like that, as he is a horse person. Well, she horses-around alot.

Great decs again, Droopy. The characters hanging about like teeners out of school. The cosy little village is delightful to see. It gives me a cheery feeling.

…and then there are the sheep with their lanterns. Oh dear. Pity that one of them has gone blind in one eye. Maybe it was keeping an eye out for Santa.

14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Pacnorwest Those are beautiful photos Is that this year? Heavy snow. And your horse rolling...they must see the snow as a rolling treat. :) The picture made me laugh. When my Betty Girl became very aged she would still like to roll, but every once in a while would need a hand up. Kind of like me now. ;) Lovely photos.

Cayuga Morning and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Droopy - I've missed your posts. :) Those sheep....oh my. They are perfect. And your village is so beautiful. It looks like it lights up? I love the fountain what a great idea. Your days must be very short now. I would think the village would bring some brightness and joy. I also really like the Bug with the Christmas tree on top, and Santa and his sleigh at the chimney. It would be hard to choose a favourite.

Pacnorwest and Droopy like this.