Christmas tree and snow scenes

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Logan, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

You're right, @Sjoerd. I really enjoyed seeing the horse having a good roll. I miss mine.

We don't know where that eye went, so I think I'll have to use a sharpie to fix it.

Thanks, I've missed you guys too. Yes, there are lights in all the buildings, and it cheers us up during the darkest weeks. Our day is five hours long now, but that's as bad as it gets. Solstice is only four days away, and come mid-January it's already brighter. I am especially fond of the two brown houses in the middle of the village, but I enjoy them all. The village has moving parts. The Santa and the reindeer fly around that chimney, and some of the Christmas trees and the little trains move too.

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good luck on the eye surgery.

3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Hi Melody.. the snow scenes are from last April we had a late season ice /snow storm.. your Betty sounds like she was a really great horse . Lov, lov, lov horses. Have Tenn Walker and Arabians…

Droopy ..lovely pics enjoy you creative display’s. Your Sheep are a super giggles. Always enjoy your pics.
    with time turned back we have 7 hours of day light up here in the Pacific Northwest. The horse rolling in the snow is Yankee he’s a 22 year old Tenn Walker. He’s almost as old as I am…

I did manage to get some Xmas lights up. Now to find the replacement bulbs. What the heck do these light bulbs do in storage . Dance all night to burn themselves out! I’m not getting into the barn to retrieve lightbulbs. The resident barn owl is in there and very crabby this time of year . Anybody have a hard hat and chainmail?

Sjoerd… has it snowed up your way yet? I bet your beautiful garden is fast !

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Pac, no snow yet…but there has been ice rain. I think snow will elude us where I live this year. The garden looks very wintery but the veggie quadrants look cosy. I may nip out to the lottie tomorrow.

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd. We are expecting wind, ice rain wednesday-Friday. And possible power outages. If I get snowed in and no power roads blocked by downed trees. We can saddle up the horses for a 1&1/2 mile ride to the nearest fast food joint for hot chocolate and hamburger buns for the horses… some things never change when back up horse power is needed. Truly is a good alternative. :chuckle:

eileen, Melody Mc., Logan and 2 others like this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You got me chuckling, Pac.
    Ride ‘em , cowgirl ! Yippie-yi-yo-kai-yay.

Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Snow capped 100’ Douglas fir trees . EFCEBC05-89D8-49CC-ADE1-572F954852A4.jpeg

Droopy, Logan, Cayuga Morning and 3 others like this.
  8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

The snow was supposed to rain away. Instead we got a new, white layer of snow yesterday morning. Everything looked so fresh and sparkly for Christmas Eve. A very nice surprise:

20221224_102725.jpg

Frank, Melody Mc., Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Droopy. Pretty pic..

Pic of the valley below EBCA1A98-B25F-4FC1-B987-E649D677C619.jpeg

Melody Mc., Droopy, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

43D9D779-97B1-4359-9185-44151D0782EA.jpeg Looking out thru the livrm window.A bit gloomy today.

Frank and Logan like this.
  11. AlexFinn

AlexFinn New Seed

That looks great! Even though it’s summer, I’ve been dreaming about my holiday setup. I recently picked up some decorations, including faux snow and lights, and it’s got me excited for the season. I found these awesome deals at Twenty Fifth—these are the best price I could find, and their selection was perfect. Last year, I tried to make my own snow and it was a bit of a mess. This time, I’m looking forward to having everything sorted early and ready to go.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  12. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

I like the Holiday time of year too. Faux Snow that white stuff that can be sprinkled around and strands of lights is a good start.

I like the lights that project a snowing effect on houses or in any room? I have lights similar they come on automatically when it’s dark and can project small lights outside on houses rather than having to hang strings of Xmas lights on houses. Some can project scenes on garage doors , and “Happy Holliday greetings.

Depending on how fancy you want to get, decorations have come a long way from just adding colored lights on a house.
    Uniwolk Smart Christmas Lights with Remote & APP Control - 11Ft Outdoor Multicolor Tree Lights, Waterproof and Music Sync : offered online.

Logan likes this.
  13. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

I've started looking for Christmas decorations since the beginning of this month. I usually buy from the Littlewoods and Grattan catalogues, but have to do it online now, i miss having the paper catalogues.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Logan you always have holiday vignettes set up thruout your home I remember from last season, and a beautiful tree all decked out for the holidays. Great way to set the holiday mood .

Logan likes this.
  15. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thank you Pacnorwest.

Pacnorwest likes this.