December Blooms 2011.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Philip Nulty, Dec 9, 2011.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Wow... December blooms from Philip's in Ireland to Chocolate's in Australia! And here somewhere in-between... nothing!
    :D

Chocolate...those Beehive Gingers are just the cutest things ever! And the plants you call "Hippies" remind me of Crinum. What's the "real" name of your Hippies? I used to have Dusty Miller when I lived in New Mexico... I loved their silver color...but I never knew they bloomed!
    Thanks to you both for sharing!

2. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Hi, the real name for 'hippies' is hippeastrum, so many colours and types...some nurserys only sell those they are very poylar here.
    I always thought dusty miller was a yellow flower but I now know there is mauve as well.

3. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Good morning Philip, I just love the hydrangea, it is too hot here for them but I will enjoy yours....they will grow but they struggle.
    Is Phygelius another name for fushia...it looks like the same, cant wait to see yours flower,they dont do well here either.
    Keep remembering you other guys...for summer its your turn next!

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Chocolate,
    i also love that Zingiber spectabilis,'Beehive Ginger',..you have a great many flowers of that shape in Australia,.beautiful as can be seen in the video below,..i posted this in another thread here in the forum,.."Some Of My Friends".

Native Plants,..By "Bella"......Video.

Ah some more "Cleome",..Bernieh posted some and of course i am very interested as i have some at plant stage ready for spring.

I really like your "Hippies",..or Hippeastrum,..very Lily like in shape,..but what is the "Tomb Of The Unknown Garden Gnome",..sign in your garden?.

You asked about my ""Phygelius",..it is indeed a type of Fuchsia,.. a Cape Fucshia,..if it survives the winter the picture below is how it will look.

[​IMG]
    "Phygelius",'Candy Drops,Cream'. ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

Donna S likes this.

Advertisement
  5. kathyd

kathyd In Flower

Beautiful flowers.

6. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Good morning Philip, I watched the video and I have to say it is one of the loveliest ones I have seen, I love birds, the photography was firstclass, thankyou.
    The tomb of the 'unknown garden gnome' is exactly what it is....everyone has to be somewhere!There are a few gnomes living in my garden, I mean real gnomes not imposters.Maybe that could be another topic.

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Philip - I can't wait for spring and winter just started. Nice pictures.

Chocolate - I have never seen a beehive ginger. Neat plant. Your flowers are beautiful and so colorful. And I loved yout tomb stone.:)

8. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Philip - Just watched video. Loved it. Sure wish I could grow some of those flowers in Virginia

9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Donna,
    it sure is a lovely video,..the lady who makes them is brilliant at doing so,..i have two more of hers posted in the thread,.."Some Of My Friends".

=======================================================

Hi Chocolate,
    delighted you liked that video,..its a winner for birds and blooms,..so clear to view.

Interesting about the 'Unknown Garden Gnome',..i will be watching your posts with interest,..you may surprise us,..all i can do is to show you my image in that line.
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

====================================================

Hi Kathyd,Waretrop,Cheryl,Bunkie,Eileen and Sjoerd,..those blooms cheer one up this time of year.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Lovely blooms! I am most intrigued with the 'Beehive Ginger'. I've never seen anything quite like it.