Do plants jump in your cart ????

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, Mar 25, 2012.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I, too, want to know what plant followed you home, Cayuga. I do hope it wasn't a Creeping Charlie!

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

orphan flower have been left at my door step before.And NEVER found out who left them Nice day lily. Even had name tags.I asked around- no one fessed up.

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Marlingardener--It is actually Chocolate who has plants following her home. And I am still curious what they are! In my neck of the woods, Creeping Charlie is an indoor houseplant, but I can imagine in a wsrmer climate, it could be a real pest.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

To quote our governor, "Oops!" Sorry I got the poster wrong.
    Creeping Charlie is a houseplant? Here it would come in the house and take over!

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I have a seed issue...they seem to come home with me when ever I go somewhere. OH, the seeds I have....

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I've had a plant or two jump into my cart on occasion :rolleyes:
    And seeds...oh boy, do I have seeds!

7. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Happened to me yesterday. Went to a favourite Nursery and before I know it bang went £50. Now I got to find somewhere to plant them. Look out garden, incoming!!!!1

8. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Weeelll...true story!

When I go and do the shopping for all the things that keep us alive and firing, I usually have a quick look around[a gander]in the store next door to the stupormarket which, surprise, surprise, happens to be a plant nursery.I feel it is really my responsibility as a keen gardener to check and make sure all the plants are in order and are being cared for properly, very simple really.If there are any that appear to be abused I feel the least I can do is to bring them home and put them in the shady area behind the car shed.
    After about 3-4 days...oh....! look what I found, shock horror these plants must have followed me home!
    How clever are they?And how cute too.
    So they must have followed me home...I havent been out for at least 3 days!

So far this system has worked for me, and 'he' who lives here with me[and I love him dearly]even helps them into the shadehouse no questions asked.

True story. :shrug: :shrug:

marlingardener and hummerbum like this.
  9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Thanks Chocolate! I am glad that he-who-lives-there is a willing helpmate! Yes, plants do tug at our heart strings. I can't imagine what my yard would look like if there was a nursery right next door to the food store...

10. luvdirtyhands1

luvdirtyhands1 Seedling

My husband caused lots of plants to jump into my cart! The other day he handed me a hundred bucks & said " I know there's stuff you want for your garden" Whoopee! I went to heck with myself & ordered a ton of pepper plants ( husband's Jamaican so I plant habaneros, scotch bonnets; everything super-hot; even ordered a bhut jolokia this year). Been wanting another clematis so I ordered "Niobe"; ordered 2 rose bushes, a corkscrew vine, a tri-colored angel trumpet & a whole bunch of stuff. What a good hubby..... once in awhile!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

If plants didn't jump into my cart there wouldn't be anything in my yard because I am certainly not the type to just buy and buy and buy plants.

Ha,ha, ha, ha, ha....I crack myself up sometimes. Of course they jump into the cart, I talk sweet to them as I walk by inviting them to come join my garden and they can't wait to hop in. Hubby knows that cause it's how I got him almost 32 years ago. ;)

marlingardener likes this.
  12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I had to give DH list of veggy seeds I all ready got. Because he showed me what he bought. then I placed on table one i bought. But we take to church and share for ones who can't garden anymore.

13. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

For the area that I'm planting in I can't handle anymore...they scream at me to bring them home from the store...most i have no idea what they are..LOL...the seeds..i had to pry myself away because i almost went starkraving crazy on that aisle.

Luvdirt: I couldn't stand it if my hubby gave me $100..I would prob leave the house without something on from being excited or hair not combed.....LOL

14. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

It has happened again, mainly Paeonies.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Haha the only reason plants dont jump into my cart is A) I dont have any place prepared for them (yet!! I need to borrow my grampas cultivator...) B) I have no money to take them home C) I dont use a cart when I go to nurseries <.<