Do you have a lot of containers?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, May 15, 2012.

1. featherphobia

featherphobia Seedling

Thanks for the tip on soaking the beads first, I've used them in the past and they did raise the soil.

2. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I tried to cut back on my containers...really I did. At least I don't have quite as many as last year. My husband just laughs at me and we have a botanical garden fair this weekend so I can't promise myself that I won't buy more plants to put in my containers...

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Dh laughed at me also. Going to garage sale. Seen one I circled -town wide sale. Flower containers + plants. But I seen one he circled has donuts.pies,and all kinds of baked goods. And he on a Diet.

4. Jennym

Jennym New Seed

Hi AAnightowl, those beads are called water beads and I use them for my indoor plants. They are good alternative to soil as they keep the plants hydrated for a long period of time. I tend to go out a lot and forget to water them and I don't have to worry about them dying. They also look good as a centerpiece decor. They are also cheap and they come in various colors. :)
    moderator's note: removed website link, see point 1.1 of usage rules

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Santa did bring me some self watering inserts.They will hold a gallon of water.Did learn this year. Some better potting soil has fish stuff in it. Coons love it. Found containers upside down plants and soil on ground. Rescued plants-sprayed soil with kitter control.And DH put out coon traps.

6. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

I do not have any containers.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I am not sure how many I will use this summer ...being in a new home and no grass or landscaping at all. I will use my large ones for sure. I love container gardening...you can put color in just about any area you don't have a flower bed. Plus I always find plants that I really love and don't have room for and the container works fine...

Kay likes this.
  8. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I have always loved growing annuals and sometimes tomatoes in containers. I use to have dozens of them, but I have scaled back quite a bit.
    A new hobby I picked up is growing baby shrubs in containers and either planting them in the Fall or giving them to a friend.