East coast dwellers--stay safe!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Lets hope that everyone will stay safe there. Those huge storms are so unpredictable and unstable.

One thing that I'd do is to be sure that I have two cell fones and a laptop all charged up (their batteries). It could be almost as important as having water. One doesn't want to totally loose all communication.
    I hope that our Stewbie, Donna in NC doesn't live on the outer banks.

Fingers crossed.

2. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Praying for the safety of all people in this storm's path. I'm listening to weather on TV, looks like a huge storm event. We must never take our weather for granted, it is a powerful force.

3. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Here in the Hudson Valley in NY the rain and wind have started. Expected 30-40 mph winds with possiblity of 60mph gust and of course power outages. Jersey and NYC are getting the brunt of it.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Saying a prayer for all in that area. With a storm from the coast and another hitting from the north,, doesn`t sound good. Ed was OK last evening,, got a PM from him about the tomato plant, not sure where Belle Maur is in NJ,,far from the coastal region hopefully.

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

He is near Philadelphia,Pa but nothing is good down there....Bet he is in one of those centers.

6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Said he had food and plenty of water so sounded like he had planned on staying at his apt !!

7. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

we have had heavy wind and our mtns are getting heavy snow it is 45 here and dropping hope no snow for us but they are calling for it will keep all the others in prayer

8. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

sending thoughts of 'safety' to you all on the east shores.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi all,

Our power has come back on! I am so pleased. I thought it would be out for the duration of the storm. The trees are swaying, the wind is blowing, rain is falling in sheets, but so far, so good. I hope other members closer to the epicenter fare as well (NY-NJ).

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I cannot imagine what this storm is like nearer the center. The wind is HOWLING here, the rain is blowing sideways the trees are swaying, there are no leaves left on the trees, the ground is saturated and school is already called off for tomorrow. And I don't even live close to this. I am on north central Ohio. Close to Akron and south of Cleveland. We are on the very edge of this.

11. mart

mart Strong Ash

Carolyn they are saying Ohio is going to get kicked by it pretty bad too plus the one from the north so double whammy. Just check in here as you can and stay safe.

12. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, It's 1:15 am and we lost our power. That will be gone till next week. Oh well, It will be like a camping trip. I always loved to camp out.

Got the generator going so the tv is on, for the light and computer is on battery. Hubby is sleeping and puppies are very stressed laying on my lap.

Not much different then any other night that I can't sleep.

So far trees around the garage, house and greenhouse and cars are all good. Now we just wait for reports when it gets light in the morning. My little town has a flood warning although I am on a hill and should never have a problem.

Wind is howling and rain is wicked.

13. Cayuga Morning

Barb, I hope you get power sooner than a week! That gets old pretty quickly.

14. Cayuga Morning

15. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

it is 41 here and the wind is howling thought we would lose our roof last night they have 8 inches of snow about 30 mins from us and are having blizzard conditions right now we are suppose to have rain and snow today I hope not need the rain but not the snow guess I will work on crafts today have some beaded christmas trees about done will post when done have a safe and blessed day all