East coast dwellers--stay safe!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Oct 26, 2012.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, we got our power back on in about 2 hours. I can't believe it. It's almost 7 am Tuesday and its still too dark to see if there is any damage around here.

It was frightening out there at times last night.

The east coast really got battered. What a mess.

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

It is scary when you can't see what it has done outside. Been through tornado and floods.ice storms.They said no D batteries to be found.generators.bottle water,plywood and chain saws flying off shelves .But Alliant Energy sent many trucks out 2 days ago-they are Cedar Rapids Iowa.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Sandy hit Ontario last night ...I think it really started blowing at about midnight. I slept through the worst of if (thank goodness!). The winds are subsiding now, we didn't lose power or any trees thank goodness. School is on as usual too so we were very lucky here. I heard that farther south in Toronto a woman was killed by a sign that blew apart and struck her.

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Been with out lights when didn't have generator. And started canning meat. Glad to have Gas cook stove. And dried it also made jerky.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Barb, glad to hear you have power again, and I sincerely hope that there is no damage seen when daylight appears.
    Netty, happy you escaped the worst of it!
    Now I can check you two off my "worry about" list :) !

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

wow, wow....I have electric but everyone down hill from us don't have electric. We will drive up hill to make sure everyones house is ok. We live on a little street with about 9 house on it. All but one neighbor and her 2 children are gone.

Haven't gone out to see if the chickens are ok. I can't see them from the house.

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

So glad everyone is ok. We are just one soggy mess, but for once no damage and no lost power. Daughter and grandkids have been here for 3 days. They can't get back to there house because of high water in the streets. Hubby got sent home until things up north open up. So I'm just cooking and cooking and cooking. Good thing my freezer is full.