Fall Work In The Allotment

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

--chuckle-- thanks, C'belle. I did have a look. I can see that Cajun is a different type of speaking ...even from "Southern".
    Actually, I knew that because I have bought a couple of CD's of Cajun and Zydeco music in the past.
    I find the Cajun music especially charming. The Zydeco I find less interesting to my ear.
    It might surprise you to know that I have even been to Louisiana (a few years ago now). I was driving out to Calif. and thought that N.O. was a place that I should see.

2. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Yes, Sjoerd, Cajun is a lot different from Southern. It's a whole different culture. How did you like New Orleans? I live about 60 miles north of there.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, C'belle-- I can't recall alot about it since it was so long ago. I do recall that there were many, many tourists there and the streets were full day and night.
    I found the entrance road to new Orleans that we took very interesting. It was sort of elevated above sort of swampy-looking ground...and it seemed to go on for quite some time.