Fireworks - can you buy them where you live?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Jul 2, 2014.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Pennsylvania used to have a ban on them, and you could only get the sparklers and the caps.

I had forgotten, but back in the 90s, I rented out my Mother's mobile home while she was overseas doing mission work. The young boy who rented it had a host of friends over for July 4th. My 2 youngest were at home, and I strictly told them NO FIREWORKS BEFORE WE GET RAIN... My boys listened, but my renter and friends did NOT listen and set my field afire. I came home and found the fire trucks and firemen here putting out the fire, and certain boys looking sheepish. My boys had called the fire department, thankfully.

The fire chief knew my renter, because his dad was on the fire department. I explained to the fire chief who started the fire. We gave him the option of paying several hundred dollars for their time and effort, OR to pay for me to belong to the fire dept for the next year for a lesser amount. In rural areas, you have to pay to belong if you want your fires put out for free. Otherwise, they may not put out your house fire. The boy paid my fee to join for that year. I am sure he told the boy's father what he had done at my house, and he was in TROUBLE with his parents.

They do have problems with people setting fires by mistake with those things here too.

2. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

You can buy em -and- set em off here. When I left work, I saw no less than 8 different areas that had fireworks, and it only takes me 10 mins to drive home. One of my neighbors is setting off some really nice ones. I may just go back outside to watch the rest :) Oh, and the air smells like em (I like the smell...) ;D