Garden friends

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by bethie, Jun 22, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They are a little creepy but not that bad .I love owls and My mom had a collection of all kinds of what knots .Everyone bought her owls and she finally stated I'm so tired of owls .Just no place to put them any more .Huge pictures, Clocks, pins statues and salt and pepper shakers .She was surounded by them.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Our oldest son ran the Parvo Nermi marathon in Hurley, Wisconsin several times and we usually went along to cheer him on. One evening about dusk we were driving back to our campsite and a bat flew in the car window and landed in my lap. I started screaming and hollering for DR to stop the car. He didn't know what was going on but I scared him so he stopped. I had that car door open before the car stopped moving. I bailed out and the poor bat landed on the ground. It lay there a few seconds and then took off. DR said he thought I was having a heart attack or something and wasn't pleased when he found out it was only a "Little" bat. Not my favorite thing, I can tell you that. I still don't like them though there are a lot of them around and they eat lots of night bugs. Dooley

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

That was probably a funny sight.We had a child bit by a bat and he didn't tell anyone and he died from rabies about a month ago .Then last week a man was bit by one and had to under go rabies treatment .This was in Houston Texas abot 99 miles from here .Bats do scare meIf you see one in full daylight something in wrong with them.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I love your owls Bethie. I miss their calls at night since we moved to our property six years ago. For the sixteen years before the move we lived close to the swamp and could hear them all night. It was a comforting sound to me. That's the only think I don't like about my place, the swamp is too far away.

Advertisement
  5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

That's neat.