Garden furniture. What do you have?

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by Patricia R., Jun 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I suspected something, so just looked it up and confirmed it - Cruise ship furniture, (both indoor or outdoor), is made to be fire resistant. Regulations dictate it so. Therefore it's either treated with chemicals to make it fire resistant, or made specifically in accordance with certain standards, that it's fireproof.

Thus it should be safe around an outdoor barbeque area as well...

Of course just because something is fire resistant - Doesn't mean that someone should become careless with it around any open flame. So never set aside common sense. However it is comforting to know, that if we do somehow get our hands on ship furniture, it'll automatically will be certified as fire resistant.

Here's a video below, of the same shop I know, (amazing what we can find on YouTube nowadays about our own areas). Where all sorts of refurbished furniture from ships is available. So whenever any ship gets broken up and recycled at Gadani beach - This shop gets restocked every time! Right now they only have indoor future. But whenever any cruise ship gets broken up, they will have outdoor poolside furniture also.

Outdoor poolside furniture of cruise ships is of course also built to withstand thunderstorms as well as hails. And resist sunlight degradation (UV radiation damage) over time. So practically speaking, it's indestructible.

Here are some more pictures I found online, to inspire ideas. Specially when it comes to a outdoor barbeque area.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
  2. Supaju91

Supaju91 New Seed

I recently moved into a new house and am working on revamping the backyard.
    One of the main changes I plan to make is adding seating options for outdoor dining and entertaining. I've ordered this rattan corner set that would fit perfectly in the corner of my patio. I think it will be the perfect spot to enjoy meals with friends and family during the warmer months.
    I'm looking to add more diversity to the plantings, incorporating a variety of native shrubs and perennials to attract pollinators and create a more dynamic landscape. I believe this will add visual interest and contribute to the ecosystem.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  3. josephbut

josephbut New Seed

When it comes to garden furniture, I like to keep it comfy and practical.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.