Happy Anniversary Cheryl (Cherylad)

Discussion in 'Birthdays & Anniversaries' started by Jerry Sullivan, May 5, 2013.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Happy Anniversary To You Both and Have a Great Day :)

2. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

happy anniversary from me too...

:stew1:

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Thank you everyone for the nice thoughts and happy wishes. Hubby and I have known each other since we were kids... back in the 1970s. And we're not "officially" married, but had our real first date 12 years ago. So we claim that as our anniversary. Kinda hard to forget Cinco de Mayo!
    And then on top of that... it's also my 4th STEWversary!
    Those of you who have heard this story for the last few years... guess what? You're going to hear it again! :D
    There were some plants growing in the office complex next to mine. My co-worker and I were wondering what they were. I got my camera and took some photos of the plant and flowers. And I literally spent the next couple of hours looking online trying to ID it (shhh... my boss still doesn't know).
    Anyhow... I posted a description and photo to several gardening forums. Within minutes my plant was identified... from HERE. And to this day, I have never ever got a reply from any of the other forums.
    I've been a Stewbie since... wouldn't trade one minute of it!
    And I'm sure you newer folks are asking yourself... "what was the plant that brought her here?"

[​IMG]
    Lily of the Nile 05-05-13 ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

Yep...Agapanthus. I bought one not too long afterwards and I'm so happy that it has survived and has started to open just in time for my special day!

:stew2:

And yes Jerry... please add it to the Plant Timeline. :stew2:

Frank likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Happy Anniversary, Cheryl.
    Have a good time. Do you and yours have anything special planned?

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Thank you Sjoerd. Nope... nothing special... well nothing special to some folks... but special to us. Just stayed home and piddled around the house. (I have a couple photos to show of what we finished up that I'll put in a separate post.)
    Some friends and my cousin the "veggie gardener partner" came by to visit.
    Hubby cooked up a big pot of beans, rice, cornbread and grilled some ribs. :stew2:

Philip Nulty likes this.