Have you ever met a famous person?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Jan 10, 2007.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Don't know how I could have forgotten that Jan, he was made for the part. When I read the book he was the person who popped into my mind to play Ignatius. Needless to say John always kept the party alive when we were growing up.

2. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

She had better taste in men then than she does now, Richard.

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Before I started having health problems, I worked for one of the nations leading carpet cleaners. I was in customer service with Stanley Steemer. We would call previous customers at 6 mo. and one year after their last cleaning and tell them what specials we were offering and set up their next cleaning for them. I started on the phones and ended up doing the hireing and training of the agents. While on the phones I talked to several pro football stars, Jim Carey, and several other tv and movie stars. Most of them were very nice and just like normal people.

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Before I was a mum and gardener, I worked for PolyGram, a record and film company which are now owned by Universal. I'm afraid to say I have met more famous people than I can remember! Elton John, Sting, Bono, Pavarotti, Bob Geldolf, Brian Adams, Andrew Lloyd Webber, to name but a few. It was a great job, but you know, I wouldn't go back to it now, not for all the tea in china. I love my family life :)

Advertisement
  5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Wow, EJ. What fun that must have been.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

When I was in grade school, I lived just outside West Point. I met General Eisenhower when he was running for president. He gave me a big bag full of "I Like Ike" buttons, which I took to school and gave out to just about everyone. Wish I had kept one for myself. Also met Johnny Cash while waiting to get into a country and western show in New York. He was waiting to go down the aisle and talked with us a few minutes. A real gentleman.

7. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I was kissed by Gerald Ford when I was about 7 yo and he was campaigning in my Michigan home town. Since I don't remember it, and he probably didn't either, this is quite a stretch.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

When we were doing a community project at Mill Farm here in the village we were told the queen was coming to open the Heritage Centre. I took Laura along with me and Her Majesty smiled and shook our hands. Laura's comment - she's just an old lady mum, where's her crown!!! :oops: Out of the mouth of babes. :rolleyes:

9. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I once saw Princess Diana when I worked in the Westend of London. She was at some charity function in a posh hotel and I saw a crowd outside behind barriers, so being short, I skuttled to the front just in time to see her emerge. A beauty.

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I met Ina Balin while I was in Nam, She came out to our compound. Wannabe

11. LittleSister

LittleSister New Seed

My cousin is Emmett Maxwell Buttram, better known as Pat Buttram, aka Mr. Haney on Green Acres and voices of many a disney movie character. Yes, he did talk like that lol

When I was about 10 my grandmother and I went to Nashville where he was doing a tv show for the Nashville Network for old westerns. Gene Autry was his co-star and I got to meet him and his horse Champion.

In high school we had a drama class that was sponsored by George Lindsey aka Goober from The Andy Griffith Show. He did a lot for the colleges in our hometowns. He was the nicest man, very humble and funny.

I got to go backstage to a lot of concerts in the 80's due to a roadie friend. He was a roadie for the Charlie Daniels Band. Way too long a list to add here. But highlights were Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, Charlie Daniels (nice man!)and the Dixie Chicks before they were anyone.

Met a bunch of folks at City Stages in Birmingham..Los Lonely Boys, Kool and the Gang plus a lot of local talent.

I met Taylor Hicks when he was doing open mic night at the bar my brother bartends at a few moons ago.

Prolly a bunch of bluegrass folks too but I don't remember much of that as I was way young. My daddy played that circuit a time or two.

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have a cousin that stared in Urban
    Cowboy.He was the other silver haired guy .Not the main one.I don't even know his name but I met him at a family reuion.I think his last name is Mosley.

13. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

A million years ago when I lived in the Quarter, I was an extra in "Hard Times" with Charles Bronson and some other ugly guy. Nice folks. Being an extra is hard work. Lots of standing around..for hours and hours in hot clothes. For fifty bucks.

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Remember the movie. I was always a Charles Bronson fan. Now I know someone from that movie.

15. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Lou Marini ('Blue' from Blues Brothers movie), Bobby Shew (jazz trumpeter). Both came through our college music departments in the 80s, and ran clinics with our jazz groups. Both were great fun, and hung out with us, going out to eat, etc.