Have you ever seen a Brown Eyed Susan do this??

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Pinkiered, Jun 28, 2006.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

They do some crazy things butterflys and bees probably did it for you. :)

2. Teddy_Edwards

Teddy_Edwards New Seed

I'll have to see how they come up next year before the bees get to them! I'll also be keenly watching the Forget Me Nots - since I planted blue and pink in the same clump!!

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Teddy welcome to Garden Stew glad to have you sorry I didn't welcome you in the first one was so interested in your message .I think you will enjoy joining in and posting your pictures .Can hardly wait to see them.

4. Teddy_Edwards

Teddy_Edwards New Seed

Thanks for the welcome. I've been on holiday since joining so haven't had much chance to post, although have lurked for ages!

Really looking forward to enjoying the benefit ofo the collective's help an am loving pics of other people's gardens/blooms/treasures, so will try and get some pics posted.

Advertisement
  5. comma123

comma123 New Seed

Pinkierd, i hate to be the one to break the bad news to you, but your susans are infected with 'aster yellows' a viral kind of disease.

unfortunately, your plants will need to be destroyed to keep this disease from spreading.

read here:
    http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plan ... 67&level=s

6. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Well I researched and thank god thats wrong! Nothing against you but Im glad thats not what it is. My brown eyed susans arent doing that or this
    The leaves arent replacing the flower petals or even inside the flower. They are just standing up under the petals. Thats the only one thats done it so far and my wild flower bed is packed full of flowers.