hello everyone. . . back online at last!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by lukeypukey, Dec 2, 2011.

1. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

thanks droopy :D im really hoping that gal is a norwegian saying for man :)

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Luke, welcome back, we missed you. I see you are well into your paving project. An interesting birthday present, I would be interested in hearing about any results. I start my seeds in restaurant take out boxes. Heating is with a light bulb.

Jerry

3. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

thanks jerry. i never would of thought of using take out boxes and a bulb, bet that didn't cost 40 pounds :) my sister swears by half plastic bottles. in the spring her kitchen counter and windowsill is covered in them :stew2:

4. art33

art33 New Seed

Hi Lukey,

I think you're going to enjoy that propagator. I start all my flowers (mostly annuals) from seed during the winter months. It's fun and helps brighten up those cold and boring days :) By the way, if your propagator is not thermostatically controlled, you might consider purchasing a separate control later, they work great and make life a little easier. Hope your cactus seeds sprout soon!

Art

Advertisement
  5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

A very Happy Belated Birthday. That sure looked like a lot of extra work thanks to your landlord. Oh well, veggies will be something you can enjoy plus eat.
    Neat B-day gift. I am to lazy to start anything ahead of time. I usually for get to keep the stuff watered and later discover dead plants. :'( So I just sow everything direct. I hate seeing dead baby plants I know I killed. :stew1: