Hello from Castlemaine, Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Earthworm, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Hello Earthworm - Welcome indeed.
    8) I sure am glad that you joined the Stew. I have a feeling that I will learn a great deal from you and I am looking forward to your posts.

2. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Hi there and Welcome,

3. Earthworm

Earthworm New Seed

Well the warm welcomes continue to flow. Thank-you!
    Palmtree, I'm sure I will learn much from you as well. I figure that Cape Town is a similar climate to here (and I use many plants native to your area) and I could borrow from your experiences.
    Daisybeans, I'm glad you've discovered Permaculture. It is a sublime science. It was developed in Australia in the 70's and has gained global following ever since. There is most likley a Permculture group in your area. I'm interested in how wide spread the design methodologies are used in the U.S. :setf_031:

4. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Hey there Earthworm. Permaculture, yes, I think I am getting a better understanding of the term (broadly speaking), having seen the photos of your designs - the idea of creating spaces that reflect what happens naturally. The stroll garden reminds me of the paths that run through the dunes of some East Coast (US) beaches (I live on the East Coast) and the Artist's Desert Garden reminds me a lot of the paths through the high desert in New Mexico, where I visit often. There is a Permaculture group in Washington DC and a nursery kind of place in upstate NY (6-7 hours) that has workshops and classes. I will keep my eye open -- you know how "things" can come to you once you know what you are looking for? Have a lovely day!

Advertisement